• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What do you wish your saddle had?

jhunter13

SH Member
Im planning my next saddle build and just looking for ideas.

Without bashing any brands or specific saddles, what would you like to have on your saddle that it doesnt have?

What is that "Man, if it only had this or had that Id buy that saddle in a heart beat" thing you'd like to see saddles have that they don't?

a head rest, those cool morning naps would be a lot easier if i didn't jerk so hard when i tipped. now that i have kids i have to catch a nap when i can.
So....a back band with a head rest huh....thats doable

Big buck locator device.
But honestly, how about a a pocket on the back side of the saddle. Not big. Enough for pair of gloves, grunt call, or maybe you put your tether in there.
*Have some little pockets you can stash those hand warmers in there to warm your rear.

Big buck locator device.
But honestly, how about a a pocket on the back side of the saddle. Not big. Enough for pair of gloves, grunt call, or maybe you put your tether in there.
The old trophylines had that and it was nifty.

Big buck locator device.
*Have some little pockets you can stash those hand warmers in there to warm your rear.
Butt warmer pocket = $$$$$

The top right “molle” loop being wide enough for a Doyles hoist.

The molle loops having integrated loops for suspenders.

When I fabricate my first saddle, it will definitely have these.

Big buck locator device.
Isn’t that the point of the mollie dump pouches though?

The top right “molle” loop being wide enough for a Doyles hoist.

The molle loops having integrated loops for suspenders.

When I fabricate my first saddle, it will definitely have these.
Some of the aerohunter saddles have suspended attachment straps I thought!!! It’s a good idea if you are one of those guys whose saddles fall off while walking!

Im planning my next saddle build and just looking for ideas.

Without bashing any brands or specific saddles, what would you like to have on your saddle that it doesnt have?

What is that "Man, if it only had this or had that Id buy that saddle in a heart beat" thing you'd like to see saddles have that they don't?
As mentioned above. Sewn in storage or pockets in the sides or all the way around the saddle. I’ve always wanted this material. You see it in backpacks and stuff. It’s stretchy but when empty is tight and low profile. So as you take your rope out it goes tight and isn’t hanging from your saddle like a scrotum.

Some of the aerohunter saddles have suspended attachment straps I thought!!! It’s a good idea if you are one of those guys whose saddles fall off while walking!

I suffer from the unholy combination of “noAssAtAll” and “dunlops”.

That combination requires suspenders. And having to jerry-rig tying paracord to the molle loops is unacceptable for me.

And I never, ever, ever, put on my saddle until I am at the base of the tree. Why anyone would wear their saddle in during the walk through brambles And thorns is lost on me.

I have to tie, with paracord, suspender attachments to my aero hunter saddles. If I don’t, the attachments disengage. Wrong thought!!!

Me....like a saddle that covers up to ur torso . Back panel would be a back support or u could support ur back by attaching "back band" to ur chest and u could lay back and negative arch ur back. Hard to explain

If I could combine my vest and saddle with nice padding and webbing in appropriate areas to support ur body

Me....like a saddle that covers up to ur torso . Back panel would be a back support or u could support ur back by attaching "back band" to ur chest and u could lay back and negative arch ur back. Hard to explain

If I could combine my vest and saddle with nice padding and webbing in appropriate areas to support ur body
Like this, but a saddle sewn into the bottom huh?
1e8bda50c0283673617a194575afabc8.jpg

Back