• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What options are there for a new saddle?

Smithiac

I'm very new to the idea of saddle hunting. I've been researching quite a bit, and I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a new Aero Hunter Kestrel. I just wanted to ask quick if there are any other options other than making one. I saw that After dec 1st 2017 Guido's web is no longer being made. That is about the only two options I'm aware of. Thanks for adding me to the forum as well. It has a ton of great info.

I figured that someone would pick it up. Is there anything else that is on the market? I just want to make sure I'm researching it fully and haven't fount much else out there.

You should search ebay and the online forums for a Trophyline Tree Saddle. Best saddle ever made.

You should search ebay and the online forums for a Trophyline Tree Saddle. Best saddle ever made.
Someone offered one of these to me the other day. It wasn't enough cost savings to jump on it IMO, but I could be wrong. It was 5 years old also, and I get a little hinky and using that old of climbing gear.

Someone offered one of these to me the other day. It wasn't enough cost savings to jump on it IMO, but I could be wrong. It was 5 years old also, and I get a little hinky and using that old of climbing gear.
Send them my way. Did they say they had owned it for 5 years or that it was 5 years old???

I'm very new to the idea of saddle hunting. I've been researching quite a bit, and I'm about ready to pull the trigger on a new Aero Hunter Kestrel. I just wanted to ask quick if there are any other options other than making one. I saw that After dec 1st 2017 Guido's web is no longer being made. That is about the only two options I'm aware of. Thanks for adding me to the forum as well. It has a ton of great info.
Search "A hint of the new guidos web". This gives you an idea of what's coming with the GW. Got pictures and some insight about the web. I'm should be getting one in a few weeks so I can use it and share a review with saddlehunter.com

Trophyline, Kestrel, Aerohunter, Guidos are all the best for someone. The kestrel is definitely helping with the used cost of everything else.

Huck were there any trophylines made in 2013? Pretty sure I spoke with the owner in 2011/2012 and what she had in stock was all there was going to be. It may have been earlier than then.

Trophyline, Kestrel, Aerohunter, Guidos are all the best for someone. The kestrel is definitely helping with the used cost of everything else.

Huck were there any trophylines made in 2013? Pretty sure I spoke with the owner in 2011/2012 and what she had in stock was all there was going to be. It may have been earlier than then.
No. The gentleman made a mistake. What he thought was a Trophyline was actually an aero evolution.

No. The gentleman made a mistake. What he thought was a Trophyline was actually an aero evolution.
It was Trophyline's last saddle. The elusive "Trophyline Aerohunter evolution"! You don't have that one!!?!? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

It was Trophyline's last saddle. The elusive "Trophyline Aerohunter evolution"! You don't have that one!!?!? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I did notice that the minute the OP said the tag said 2013, @huck72412 took the conversation private with a PM, just in case it was what he thought it was. I can only imagine the offer huck would have made on the only 2013 Trophyline in existence. The OP could have bought 10 new saddles of his choice.

I did notice that the minute the OP said the tag said 2013, @huck72412 took the conversation private with a PM, just in case it was what he thought it was. I can only imagine the offer huck would have made on the only 2013 Trophyline in existence. The OP could have bought 10 new saddles of his choice.
LOL!!! Funny right there.

One other option to check out is an aid climbing harness. They are a bit different to setup and use, but I like my misty mountain titan. Probably not as comfortable for all day sits without a good platform, but for my uses it is fine.

Basically the kestrel is your current option. An excellent option! If you looked on here for a month you could buy a TL , guidos web, or an evo. Just depends on your timeframe. I have a kestrel & love it. But keep researching & get what’s best for ya. Not like you couldn’t resell it........ btw there’s a like new GW just posted in classifieds.

Back