• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What type of saddle do you hunt from

DePalma

I use the champion from new tribe and love it but thinking about converting to a rope bridge style

How did you end of choosing that for a hunting saddle since it wasn't made for hunting? Did you look for a tree saddle but couldn't find one? Did you already know about new tribe's arborist saddles and just went for it? Did you get it before the aero hunter came out? Just curious.

I knew about the aero saddle but was told the champion was very comfortable ..I like the extra padding it has also it's full camo..I would like to buy the aero hunter though..how about you what do you own and how do you like it?

I have 2 tree saddles. I started out with the neoprene model in size large. It was very comfortable in the stand but I thought it was annoying to wear when I was walking in and that model didn't pack up real tight to put in a backpack. I hunted out of that my first couple years saddle hunting. The width was also right on the edge for me. After reading about sizing I thought a medium might fit me a bit better and after a lot of effort was able to find a medium ambush saddle on ebay. I have been hunting out of that the past 4 years and I love it. I can wear it walking in no problem and it is much lighter.

Everyone has been talking about how good the Aero hunter is. John said that they are working on some improvements to the current model which should make it even better. I think it will be hard not to pick one of those up after it comes out.

The champion is a front tie in saddle and I use military cargo straps to secure me in and easy to adjust positions..similar to the ambush saddle strap.Ive done a ton of research on who uses what and kinda tweaked mine a little.Im a bodybuilder so I'm a big on the big side so I saw the extra padding so I chose that saddle..you can sit for hrs with no pressure on you at all

Thats definitely an advantage. I don't normally have problems with pressure points on my few hour sits, but it can become a problem on all day sits.

I have a Boatswain's Chair from West Marine. I love it. I posted about it in the "how long have you been hunting in a saddle" section. I have to say I definately am a fan.

Interesting

In 1981 I used an Anderson Treesling and around 2000 helped Trophyline design the Ambush saddle which I used for a few years. I now use a hybrid which I developed that has a combination of sling and saddle components.

Interesting

In 1981 I used an Anderson Treesling and around 2000 helped Trophyline design the Ambush saddle which I used for a few years. I now use a hybrid which I developed that has a combination of sling and saddle components.

I AM USING A TREE SUIT. HAVE MADE MANY CHANGES OVER THE LAST FEW MONTHS. REALLY LIKE THE HARD SEAT AS IT ELIMINATES THE USE OF KNEE PADS !

bowhunterchuck said:
I AM USING A TREE SUIT. HAVE MADE MANY CHANGES OVER THE LAST FEW MONTHS. REALLY LIKE THE HARD SEAT AS IT ELIMINATES THE USE OF KNEE PADS !

I'm not too familiar with the tree suit. How does it eliminate using knee pads?

Currently I have two TL Ambush Slings. The first is the big leather version that I like for dry, cold weather. I try not to get it wet for obvious reasons. The other is the green mesh version, which I like best of the two. It is so light it is hardly a burden at all to wear and wet hunts have little effect on it as you can pretty much shake the wet out of it after a hunt.

I looked at the Guido's web, checked in with Eberhart as I had some reservations, which he confirmed for me, and now have my sights set on an Aero as soon as the new version is released. I'm expecting to be impressed big time!

Don't you hate it when you have the high bid on a Guidos Web on EBAY and someone outbids you in the last 10 seconds ! Maybe next time...... ? Until then I will continue to make my TREE SUIT work.

bowhunterchuck said:
Don't you hate it when you have the high bid on a Guidos Web on EBAY and someone outbids you in the last 10 seconds ! Maybe next time...... ? Until then I will continue to make my TREE SUIT work.

I always hate getting outbid at the end... although I try to win things at the end too :D

What do you like about the guidos web? The comfort?

bowhunterchuck said:

I will use a treesuit someone gave me... it is the first model I think woith the rope to strap you in the tree.

cece said:
bowhunterchuck said:

I will use a treesuit someone gave me... it is the first model I think woith the rope to strap you in the tree.

I'd love to see some pics of your tree suit if you get a chance. I have not seen one in person.

Back