• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What's the advantages?

Mtnbuck

My one and only saddle is a a trophyline, other than cutting off the elastic shoulder straps and adding shoulder straps to it what else could be done?is there any advantage to doing away with the bulky tether and linen and belt and switching out to rope bridge and tether?....how much lighter is the aero tribes compared to trophylines?I do a ton of walking in the mountains here in western md and pa

I was born in the early 1500's and have a tough time trying new and improved things. When I started listening to some of the ideas that these guys have it made a big difference. Definitely replace the lineman's and tree tether with rope . Also check out the Ropeman ascenders to be used in conjunction with each.

I bought Sterling TriTech 11mm rope for my lineman's rope and bought something similar on eBay that came with a carabiner and Prussic cord for my tether. I then replaced the Prussic with the Ropeman 1

I added two petzel ring open' to mine.
One on left hip loop, and one on the right.
I cut off my linesman strap , spliced an eye into Sampson Predator rope (left ring open) added ropeman and biner to right ring open for linesman rope. I left my stock bridge strap as is for now as I don't really mind a little drag when twisting hard to the left. I also use a rope tree tether with ropeman and large pear shape carribeaner that clips to bridget strap. One very small dump pouch (REI ; rock climbing small pouch) to store the linesman rope. My tree tether I usually just clip it need to end and cross it over my shoulder to carry it eliminating any clutter on saddle. I like my leg loops and suspenders that came with the TL . During some early low level practice runs , I'd invert as close to feeling like im falling to try and simulate an acual panic. The leg loops seem to snare around my mid thigh and help seem to contain me..?!?!?
Im happy for now with my set up...

Opiates aren't as addictive as saddle hunting - run now while you can!

Actually customizing is a pretty personal affair. You'd probably be better off with the rope for webbing advise you got from Huck, but you will honestly need to spend time in a tree beyond that. Sorry.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

I use a 10mm rope.
This is the smallest diameter recommended for a Ropeman 1.

Lots of folks like 9mm.

Opiates aren't as addictive as saddle hunting - run now while you can!

Actually customizing is a pretty personal affair. You'd probably be better off with the rope for webbing advise you got from Huck, but you will honestly need to spend time in a tree beyond that. Sorry.

What would we have to live for if we didn't have saddle hunting and sarcasm?? 2 of life's finer pleasures.

Back