• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Wicked arrow upgrade

stl tree hugger

So a friend came across this the other day and sense I do a lot of close range hunting i thought I would try them out. My only concern would be weight but I rarely get out to 40 yards. anyway thought you guys might like to check them out. http://www.ravagenocks.com

I'm wondering if those would be considered illegal as being barbed? Its not actual the broadhead so I don't know.

They're legal in mo. And yes early deployment wouldn't be good. I picked some up going to try them out on coyotes first

I'd be curious to see how they work for you but my initial reaction to them is skeptical at best.

One: You're adding a whole of crap to your arrow. Good luck getting that thing to tune.

Two: Wouldn't the expanding barbs prevent a passthrough?

Three: What if you get a premature deployment? What if any of that stuff fails before, during, or after flight?

Four: Now you have an arrow that you can only use with these nocks because of the threaded insert... or am I missing something?

Five: Man i just don't like the look of these things...

If you're really looking to do more 'damage' just get a large DIA mechanical like grim reapers or rage. Both are proven in the field. Why chance it with something that looks ultra sketchy at best?

Just my .02 cents. Please report back after you have given them a whirl.

Regards,
d_rek

I agree I'm not going to change my set up, for the arrow I have a single pin with yardage markers so I'm going to do a 25 Y shot and see where it ends up and will only use on curtain hunting spots that are close quarter shots and if I see any premature signs I'll right it off as a well that doesn't work.

Back