• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Wild edge

Dressedtokill

Yo yo yo what up homies! I sure this question has been asked a lot but I’m thinking about investing in 8 wild edge steps with the aider. Pros and cons for those of you that use them and how fast are they to put up and take down to pack out? Do they make noise medal to medal? Thanks for the help and glad to be back on the site! J

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the speed, efficiency and quietness is directly related to how much ya practice with them. Slight learning curve then you'll be up and running. G2 outdoors just put out a great youtube video on the knaider - worth checking out!

I love them. I don't have anything bad to say about them after refining my system. I use 5 to climb to up to 35 feet and everything in between. Noise is manageable without measures but some light mods make them absolutely silent.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Catskills pretty much summed it up. There are things you can do to quiet them. Nothing works better than taking your time and making deliberate movements when removing and placing them in the bag. Practice makes perfect.

For those with a Mantis already, would a Wild Edge bag with the Tethrd molle attachments work with the saddle? Too heavy for the molle loops?

How much of an ass do you have? If you don't have one, it's going to pull your saddle down.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I appreciate this feedback and will assume the question was rhetorical. :grin:

Using 5 steps if it makes a difference....

8lbs is a lot to hang off a waist belt. I suffer from noassatall so I don’t carry any gear on my saddle but my ropes.

I think if your gonna get 8steps and an aider from them you will be all set. For me personally i had no issues setting them up on various trees and they are rock solid. I would drape them over the shoulder instead of the waist belt.

That's actually an interesting question. I have a bag with 5 steps. I'll try to sew up an attachment to see if it works. I assume you'll have to tighten the waist belt very tight.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

That's actually an interesting question. I have a bag with 5 steps. I'll try to sew up an attachment to see if it works. I assume you'll have to tighten the waist belt very tight.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

Let me know! Just seems like a better option than over-the-shoulder if it works. Bag of steps on one side and the sys hauler on the other.

Let me know! Just seems like a better option than over-the-shoulder if it works. Bag of steps on one side and the sys hauler on the other.
Sounds like that would be around your ankles....... I’ve found that anything past small gear doesn’t carry well on my saddle. Even if you do crank the belt....... (I know some guys run suspenders) it all just depends on what your total setup will be. I have a small tenzing sling pack, works great to strap a platform to or throw in a ring of steps, or bag of we stepps for that matter. Carries way better than on my waist

Last year I used a set of 8 with aider exclusively on my run and gun sets. That worked for climbing and my platform. If I had any distance to walk they went in my backpack. It was very liberating having nothing sticking out to get him no on anything. Just grab your weapon of choice put a backpack on and walk. I did a lot of going in blind and scouting until I found a spot and hunting it last year. Wouldn’t have done that with my lone wolf sticks.

I plan on carrying my stepps into my tree in my pack. Just thinking for while going up the tree. First year in a saddle so I have no idea lol.

For those with a Mantis already, would a Wild Edge bag with the Tethrd molle attachments work with the saddle? Too heavy for the molle loops?
IMO it would be way too heavy. I wouldn't hang that much weight off of any saddle though.

I appreciate this feedback and will assume the question was rhetorical. :grin:

Using 5 steps if it makes a difference....

It wouldnt work for me. Not enough ass on me. If I get too much on my saddle, it falls down. I can’t even carry a fanny pack on my back side.

If you have an ass, it will definitely work. I don’t know how comfortable it will be walking. Climbing shouldn’t be an issue. I use to climb with lone wolf sticks. Those were close to 3 lbs each with the strap and mods and I use to climb with two of them hanging off my backside. That’s more than my 5 stepp system now.

It wouldnt work for me. Not enough ass on me. If I get too much on my saddle, it falls down. I can’t even carry a fanny pack on my back side.

Yep, for me a combination noassitall and dunlop disease makes me need suspenders on my Kestrel without adding any load to it.

Back