• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Wtb climbing spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

Jul 30, 2017
I'm looking for a good set of climbing spurs complete ready to use with my saddle .

bigjoe

Jan 10, 2015
VA
I'm looking for a good set of climbing spurs complete ready to use with my saddle .

First consider there use. Are you taking them off after climbing up and setting a platform or are hunting in them? Secondly does weight come into play. Are you going to carry them a long way. 3rd have you ever climbed with spurs before? How much do you way. Some have weight limits of 300 lbs. I am by no way a great climber in spurs, but I definetly try to make an informed buying choice.

I went through all this before I bought a set of spurs.

I ended up buying a set of Buckingham’s steel from WesSpur earlier this spring.

Steve

Jul 30, 2017
First consider there use. Are you taking them off after climbing up and setting a platform or are hunting in them? Secondly does weight come into play. Are you going to carry them a long way. 3rd have you ever climbed with spurs before? How much do you way. Some have weight limits of 300 lbs. I am by no way a great climber in spurs, but I definetly try to make an informed buying choice.

I went through all this before I bought a set of spurs.

I ended up buying a set of Buckingham’s steel from WesSpur earlier this spring.
I have never used climbers before, and I would be practicing all summer, I weigh 215, and I will be using a platform

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

bigjoe

Jan 10, 2015
VA
I have never used climbers before, and I would be practicing all summer, I weigh 215, and I will be using a platform

It is great training. I can tell you that. I have a tree in back yard that I am taking down. So I am using that as a practice tree.

bigjoe

Jan 10, 2015
VA

Have you set a budget ? That is a huge consideration. You will be fine probably using carbon made. @g2outdoors, has a thread going for this interested in KIWI’s. There are guys much better suited to answering your ?’s than me. Just trying to give you some insight as to my decisions to buying the tree climbers that I bought.

Last edited:

Steve

Jul 30, 2017
Have you set a budget ? That is a huge consideration. You will be fine probably using carbon made. @g2outdoors, has a thread going for this interested in KIWI’s. There are guys much better suited to answering your ?’s than me. Just trying U.K. give you some insight as to my decisions to buying the tree climbers that I bought.
Yeah I have been watching the Kiwi Group buy post but I don't know if I want to spend that kind of coin on the first set of Spurs

bigjoe

Jan 10, 2015
VA
Yeah I have been watching the Kiwi Group buy post but I don't know if I want to spend that kind of coin on the first set of Spurs

Attachments

• ED576693-2A48-49A3-936E-46BBB584B7C8.png
    ED576693-2A48-49A3-936E-46BBB584B7C8.png
    186.2 KB · Views: 33
Reactions: Steve

bigjoe

Jan 10, 2015
VA
You cannot go wrong with these. WesSpur has training videos and has a video of how to select spurs on line. If you get these you will have to do some mods to quiet them down and camo them up. Again they are heavy compared to carbon or aluminum climbers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve

JCLINE84

Vendor Rep
Oct 31, 2017
I have a set of the Buckinghams pictured and really like them. They're a little heavy duty but I like that too. They'll never wear out. Mine still look brand new. Only problem is I've gotten really into SRT and dont use them much.

Status
Not open for further replies.