• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

WTB Tree/Pole Gaffs

ADKMtnTrapper

I know its a stretch but I am not looking to spend more then $75. So if you have an old pair that is still operational and you want to get rid of them post a pic or two here. Im sure if I don't want them someone else here will!

Thanks- ADK

You should be able to pick up a steel pair on ebay for that price

BassBoysLLP said:
You should be able to pick up a steel pair on ebay for that price

I've been actively looking, so far they are either old vintage sets or above my price range. I'm not in a hurry so im in the position to wait it out for the right deal, just putting as many feelers out as I can. :D

Be patient, you'll find some. I got my first pair of bucks with the heavy padded t pads for 75. I'll put the word out with my tree trimming buddies and let you know if something turns up.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I have a pair of metal ones in the basement that I be leave are brand new. Have to look the leather over to make sure there is no dry rot. hate to get rid of them but in all reality, I don't think I will ever use them because I don't want to damage any trees. Send me a private message and I can get you some pictures of them.

Re: RE: WTB Tree/Pole Gaffs

ADKMtnTrapper said:
I know its a stretch but I am not looking to spend more then $75. So if you have an old pair that is still operational and you want to get rid of them post a pic or two here. Im sure if I don't want them someone else here will!

Thanks- ADK
There are several pairs on eBay right now below $100 and open to offers, if you're still looking

Shaun

Re: RE: Re: RE: WTB Tree/Pole Gaffs

essdub said:
ADKMtnTrapper said:

Thanks- ADK
There are several pairs on eBay right now below $100 and open to offers, if you're still looking

Shaun
Thanks, i havent look in a few days ill go check them out.

tried to upload pictures but for some reason I can not. give me an email phone number and I'll send them. going to the sports show in PA, so I may not get back to you till Sunday or Monday

Jerry

Re: RE: Re: WTB Tree/Pole Gaffs

nyjerry said:
tried to upload pictures but for some reason I can not. give me an email phone number and I'll send them. going to the sports show in PA, so I may not get back to you till Sunday or Monday

Jerry
I pmed you

So I decided to stop looking for Gaffs at the moment. I was finally able to borrow a friends pair of tree gaffs and although I was able to get up and down fairly quickly(First shot took me 2 mins to get to 30ft) but I don't see how I can use them for hours at time at this point.

I also go thinking of my current platforms and having gaffs on would be a little risky being all I have is just a strap and wood blocks or the top of my stick. So for now I am going to hold off on it but may look at it later on once I have a larger platform.

Thanks to everyone who has taken there time to look for a pair for me, I appreciate it!

Back