• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

xop type platform attachment to tree

kyler1945

SH Member
just looking for a general consensus here - is everyone using just the rope or whoopee sling? Or are you camming that over and adding some sort of redundancy as well in the form of another strap to the post? This thing doesn't move at all at ground level, but I intend to do some very aggressive side loading to see if it budges. I can't imagine the need for anything else, just curious...

I've been using mine all season long with zero issues. Actually, I did have 1 issue. I used to drop mine to the ground after the hunt. That busted my reinforcement steel plate off. I've since riveted the steel plate on (instead of JB Weld) and attach it to my saddle for the descent.

I have a LW cam strap attaching to the XOP "versa" button as well as the rope sling on mine.

Been using mine all year with just the whoopie sling. I NEVER ever step on it without being attached to my tether on LB. I did have mine slip a little one day after being on it a few hours and the top was pulling away from the tree. I simply grabbed my tether and stood on the top of the tube and it slipped down and grabbed and was tight again. That was all my fault because it was a slick bark tree and I didn't get it cammed over tight enough.

Back