• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

XOP X2 aider?

Talltinelee

Has anyone used cable/wire rope aiders on XOP X2 sticks with the cables bolted in the holes on the outside edge of the step? XOP advertises these sticks with integrated aider attachment points, but they don’t give any other info. I know most cable aiders bolt on the single bolt in the center of the step, but I like the idea of the outside holes holding the aider open even more.
Do you think it would put an excessive load on the step? Our foot spreads the load over the entire step, but the cable would have leverage and put all the load on the outside edge of the step.
What’s y’all’s thoughts?

Last edited:
Geez. Didn’t they have problems with the other sticks also?

They had an unofficial voluntary recall of the ultra doubles and a not so voluntary recall of the 3 step sticks they had a few years ago.

Looks like someone needs to invest in a water jet and plate aluminum.

I wonder if those that failed were due to jumping on them to set. Even so the design is lacking.

What were the circumstances of these steps breaking? Were they used with a center-bolted wire aider config like OP mentioned, or just outright snapped without an aider?

No aider

Both pictures look as if the top step broke. I’ve never seen an aider attached to the top step. In my head that would make the aider (single step for sure) basically useless.

The step is the same.

The step is the same.
Yes both steps are the same, BUT On those two sticks the top step broke. Do you attach aiders to top step? No you don’t. Aiders had nothing to do with the step breaking since no one puts aiders on top step. I should have replied to the gentleman that ask the question above my comment. Please look above my first post. It was an aider question.

Last edited:
Aider or no aider that sucks. Really it looks like it happened because the profile around the bolt is just too narrow. Looking at this it seems like they shouldn’t have V-notched the bolt hole. Maybe the material still has physical flaws but there’d be a lot more of it to resist snapping if they didn’t narrow it around that hole. Solid material against the tube there would only hurt aesthetics, add minuscule weight, and not alter function at all.

Yes both steps are the same, BUT On those two sticks the top step broke. Do you attach aiders to top step? No you don’t. Aiders had nothing to do with the step breaking since no one puts spiders on top step. I should have replied to the gentleman that ask the question above my comment. Please look above my first post. It was an aider question.

Are you messing with me right now? or….

Back