• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Youth Mantis Prototype ready to go!!

ckossuth

Vendor Rep
Packaged up with a tether, lineman’s belt, and two Ropemans. I’ll be hand delivering it to my nephew Blake tomorrow afternoon. Action pics to come!!

c271233a538862d8c75d58ed3806d43a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks awesome. Has hoping you’d say you were hand delivering it to my daughter though!!!!! When will these be publicly available???

Crazy question, has anyone saddle hunted in the same tree with someone else? My youngest son would love this but would need me with him first few hangs. Pictures or descriptions of how it would work if it is possible?

Crazy question, has anyone saddle hunted in the same tree with someone else? My youngest son would love this but would need me with him first few hangs. Pictures or descriptions of how it would work if it is possible?

Several times. It’s actually a lot easier than you would think. I don’t have any pics but we always did second person slightly above or below and set off to the side 90 degrees.

757b2e5d88a759e52817824b29749fe6.jpg

My kids join me all the time. It’s actually really easy, especially on presets. We use cheap ladder sticks and leave them in the tree along with a lifeline just like you would with a tree stand. This allows for 100% tie off which is better than a linesman’s belt for kids.

When mobile hunting I carry a lifeline and climb first, set my platforms and have my kid climb up while tied to the lifeline.

I think I’ll make a video and post it soon. It seems a lot of guys have been asking about it quite a bit lately.

Back