• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

youth saddle

T.Clarke

Vendor Rep
I've been spending quite a bit of time working on prep for this season and it's caught my 11 year old's attention, he loves to hunt with me and we made the transition from ground blinds to tree stands last year. He sat in a hang on stand while I was in my saddle beside him. He is now asking for his own saddle. Does anyone have any recommendations on where to start looking for one for him or is a DIY saddle the best bet?

My son is 13 about 115 pounds and I picked up a small Trophyline, pretty hard to find but it fits him nicely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually have a small Trophyline that I've been using for about 9 years, I ordered a mantis to replace it. I'll have to see if it'll fit him, might need some modifications... He's only about 75 pounds so he'll be swimming in it the way it is.

I actually have a small Trophyline that I've been using for about 9 years, I ordered a mantis to replace it. I'll have to see if it'll fit him, might need some modifications... He's only about 75 pounds so he'll be swimming in it the way it is.

Without going custom it’s the best you’re gonna get.

If you remember back or search G2s diy sitdrag, at 1st he added some elastic strips on it so he could slide in a piece of a camping pad. I bet that’s all it will take on any saddle to make it youth size.

The adjustment is limited by our leg strap loops. We moved them to the belt strap to eliminate weight and bulk. The downside of that is you lose some adjustability on the small end of the the belt.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

The adjustment is limited by our leg strap loops. We moved them to the belt strap to eliminate weight and bulk. The downside of that is you lose some adjustability on the small end of the the belt.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.
Ah, makes sense. I’m sure I can come up with a solution, it’ll probably be some sort of mods to my old trophyline for now but I really want maximum comfort for him so he sticks with it.
Are there plans for a tethrd youth saddle in the future? I have 4 under 12 years old, all of them love climbing trees and hunting with me

Use Flingin’s butt for youth stand measurements. He doesn’t have one per his statements!!

Use Flingin’s butt for youth stand measurements. He doesn’t have one per his statements!!

Haha true!! I had my son in the medium sized Mantis. He is about 75lbs, probably 4’ 6” or so right now. The saddle fits him decent but like Greg said the waist belt runs out of adjustment because of the leg buckle loops. A small Mantis without the leg loops on the waist belt would be perfect!

Haha true!! I had my son in the medium sized Mantis. He is about 75lbs, probably 4’ 6” or so right now. The saddle fits him decent but like Greg said the waist belt runs out of adjustment because of the leg buckle loops. A small Mantis without the leg loops on the waist belt would be perfect!

Now that’s what I love about this group, so much help from each other! Our kids are the exact same size, that’s super helpful to know. Maybe the Tethrd crew can add a youth model in the near future, that’ll give me time to replenish my hunting $$$!
I was seriously considering just biting the bullet and buying another mantis for him but I’ll wait for now.

Back