• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

If Santa brought you one hunting piece of gear. What would it be?

Some of you guys are cheaters!! 1,000 acres of land or guided hunts are “gear” anymore than an 8 pack of ab muscles

For me…. I’ll take a rappel rope that automatically attaches at the height I want and also self releases and coils after the hunt.

Some of you guys are cheaters!! 1,000 acres of land or guided hunts are “gear” anymore than an 8 pack of ab muscles

For me…. I’ll take a rappel rope that automatically attaches at the height I want and also self releases and coils after the hunt.
I do mma…the abs are gear, trust me (though I only roll with a two-pack in a coozie lol)

I’d take a guided bison hunt. That’s also not gear but I’d need some new gear for it, so let’s say bison hunt and applicable gear.

I don’t know man. Gear serves a purpose and improves the quality of the hunt. 1,000 acres definitely has both of those covered in spades. He did say no limit….lol. Go big or go home!!!! Edit: But yeah, I agree, a self deploying rope would be kind of nice to have. I might have to sell 100 acres and buy one of those.

Last edited:

You're right, that sounds more realistic...

I buy too many of my own presents already. I'm just glad Mrs. Clause tolerates it all.

But if somehow I've been good enough to warrant more...

1) side-by-side - really this would be more for ice fishing than hunting

2) ebike - more hunting oriented, and something I'd like to try but can't seem to justify the splurge on my own.

3) Edgun Leshiy - total indulgence of conspicuous consumption, but dang these squirrels keep distracting me from reading the forum while "hunting"!

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

I buy too many of my own presents already. I'm just glad Mrs. Clause tolerates it all.

But if somehow I've been good enough to warrant more...

1) side-by-side - really this would be more for ice fishing than hunting

2) ebike - more hunting oriented, and something I'd like to try but can't seem to justify the splurge on my own.

3) Edgun Leshiy - total indulgence of conspicuous consumption, but dang these squirrels keep distracting me from reading the forum while "hunting"!

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Don’t hate me for this but I have a gamo urban .22 PCP air rifle that is 1/4 of the price of an edgun and is an absolute tack driver that has killed dozens of squirrels and literally hundreds of starlings, pair it with an Amazon hand pump and go to town. I even have a guy in Georgia who sells factory refurbs that 2 of my buddies and I have bought from with good results. One of them flies with it to Florida to fish and shoot iguanas

Back