• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2023: Tethrd Ultralock Saddle (Formerly, the LockDown)

Totally agree that it goes both ways, we certainly see that often enough. To be honest for me it doesn’t make me buy more or less of their stuff, or any companies for that matter. It might leave a bad taste in my mouth but I’m selfish so if I find products that are better for my style of hunting I’ll probably buy them. I put some emphasis on American made where I can and would like to buy from good people but overall I’m probably not a good person. I put my needs and desires first, and I am buying for my desires and not what a company does on social media.

Hopefully I’ll just get to be one of the first to own an Ultralock saddle, those Lockdown suckers will be jealous!

I only disagree that anyone would be jealous of an Ultralock. It’s not even an UltraLok. lol.

TM.

Rivers Edge Lockdown (TM) Ladder Stands

Okay these guys can keep the Lockdown name. Surprised Tethrd didn’t just cut some vowels and call it “LckDwn” or even better “L.K.D.N.”
Anyway, these stands look comfy as hell. And $500 will get you a damn penthouse. The REAL “King of Comfort”. I’m not gunna lie, I’m all Super Saddle Bros. til the day I die, BUT—
I could totally dust off the ol’ HSS harness and blow a paycheck or two on some of those covered jawns for my daughter and myself to hunt from together.
Or for me to just go “get lost” when I’m just not feelin other people’s vibes.

We’re derailing fast here. C’mon boys, points been made, let’s move along. 24 hour rule. We’ve made the jokes, myself at fault as much as anyone, let’s not get the thread locked down (last one I swear) so we can share info.

I wasn’t joking with my last post. They put it on themselves and I don’t think it’s a valueless sling to call them out.

But I follow you, it’s good to talk product too. (Especially, when folks may have equipment efficiencies to share.) So, am I seeing that it is now being offered in bottomland? Fitting.

So it’s the new single panel with pockets Grit saddle I saw in bottomland. Pockets look smaller than the ones on the Ultralock.

How did ya’ll find the sizing of the pockets on the Ultralock? Biggish, just right? And what did you load them with?

Anyone have measurements on the dimensions of those pockets?

Pouches are big and would hold a lot.
Ive been using them just to store linesman and ether on each side with HYS strap.
Would fit a Doyle’s but like mine on my pack.
They should have moved Molle from bottom of pouch for guys that climb with sticks as it causes sticks to hang to low.
Using a Kydex on Molle behind pouch but it’s weird angle to reach back to unhook a stick.

Having issues with both zippers sticking once fully opened.
Added bow wax but they still stick open.
Sent a warranty request and waiting on reply.

Damn me for having a sense of integrity to give credit where it’s due: I was trynna stay salty but that’s actually pretty sweet!
CGM has been making those pouches in a removable fashion for a while now. It’s extremely smart business on their end. So it’ll be cheaper to build and now people will buy the extra items.

Back