• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Jokes and Memes - NO POLITICS

Thank you. Couldn't recall the name for them.
I thought we just called them different things, wasn’t correcting you haha

Edit for context. My mom was small town locally famous for hers. Like to the point where people asked her to bring them to every pot luck and make them for birthday luncheon things. We had a pan that she only used for them, I don’t recall it being for anything else. As an adult she gave me a pan and the recipe for Christmas one year.

An older man goes to the doctor for headaches that he's had for years, but won't go away. The doctor puts him through several tests and tries several different medications, but to no avail. The doctor tells the older man, as a final resort, if you have a castration performed it will relieve your headaches. The older man thinks this is crazy, but has no other options to end the pain.

Immediately after the procedure the older man is amazed at the relief of no headaches. He feels like he's starting a new life and decides to celebrate by buying a new suit and going out for a nice steak dinner.

At the men's clothing store, he tells the employee that he's celebrating a special event and would like to purchase a new suit. He says that he can fix him up with a very nice suit and says that he's a size 42 jacket and has a 15" neck for a shirt. The older man is amazed at this estimate and then the employee says, for his pants he's a 34" waist and a 34" inseam. The older man says that he's correct on the waist size, but he's a 30" inseam. The employee says that there's no way he could be a 30" inseam, that would cause massive headaches. :oops:

Guy walks into the hunt camp and places a small man just about a foot tall and his piano on the card table and the tiny man begins to play.

Stunned, another camp member asks, "Where on earth did you get that?"

"There is a genie just outside and is granting wishes."

The other hunter hurries outside and a few moments later the door bursts open and the camp is over-run by ducks and becomes quite the ruckus.

The man asks the hunter who is making his way back to the card table, "What's all this?"

Hunter says, "That damn genie is hard of hearing, I wished for a million BUCKS!"

Man says, "Sorry, I guess I should have mentioned that. You don't really believe I wished for an 11 inch pianist?"

----------------------

Notes on jokes:

This joke is at least tangentially related to hunting, since it mentions bucks (and ducks for the waterfowlers), is set in a recognizable venue and incorporates a literary device that is near and deer to my heart, the double ententre (that's pun for the unwashed masses...yes, I'm a pungnacious curmudgeon and proud of it). Unlike most other jokes here that have no relation to saddles or hunting.....LOL

To be more inclusive and fight the stereotypical misogynistic impression of hunt camps, for hunters of the fairer gender (huntresses? though not all female hunters necessarily sport bouffants that classify as "tresses" one might suppose) feel free to substitute the terms "Guy/Man" with "Girl/Woman". Joke still works, and might even be funnier if you do that. Thinking of which, you could also replace the word "bucks" with a suitable rhyming euphemism, if you so desire, and thus elevating the double ententre to a triple, perhaps? Feel free to apply even more gender fluidity to the "other hunter" as well.

My, my, my....what a flexible joke from a political correctness perspective. The joke that keeps on giving the more that you play with it. Kind of like hunting gear, or pianos for that matter, non?

And did you notice how skillfully I tied the theme of my joke to the prior one posted by @BowhunterXC ? Humour continuity at it's finest!

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Last edited:
----------------------

Notes on jokes:

This joke is at least tangentially related to hunting, since it mentions bucks (and ducks for the waterfowlers), is set in a recognizable venue and incorporates a literary device that is near and deer to my heart, the double ententre (that's pun for the unwashed masses...yes, I'm a pungnacious curmudgeon and proud of it). Unlike most other jokes here that have no relation to saddles or hunting.....LOL

To be more inclusive and fight the stereotypical misogynistic impression of hunt camps, for hunters of the fairer gender (huntresses? though not all female hunters necessarily sport bouffants that classify as "tresses" one might suppose) feel free to substitute the terms "Guy/Man" with "Girl/Woman". Joke still works, and might even be funnier if you do that. Thinking of which, you could also replace the word "bucks" with a suitable rhyming euphemism, if you so desire, and thus elevating the double ententre to a triple, perhaps? Feel free to apply even more gender fluidity to the "other hunter" as well.

My, my, my....what a flexible joke from a political correctness perspective. The joke that keeps on giving the more that you play with it. Kind of like hunting gear, or pianos for that matter, non?

And did you notice how skillfully I tied the theme of my joke to the prior one posted by @BowhunterXC ? Humour continuity at it's finest!

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
U are so Canadian

Once upon a time I had a boss who was born and raised around Denver. Married a Wisconsin gal and moved to Northern MN. First church potluck he was asked to bring bars for dessert. Said 'roger that' and went to the grocery store - where he bought a pile of Snickers and 3 Musketeers and Mars bars and cut them into bite-size portions and arranged them artfully onto serving platters. The rest of the congregation wasn't sure if he was making fun of them or just unfamiliar with Midwestern ways. My question was, *** was going on in his marriage, what had he done to his wife in the past, for her to just let him to that without even trying to explain the concept of bar cookies to him?

Once upon a time I had a boss who was born and raised around Denver. Married a Wisconsin gal and moved to Northern MN. First church potluck he was asked to bring bars for dessert. Said 'roger that' and went to the grocery store - where he bought a pile of Snickers and 3 Musketeers and Mars bars and cut them into bite-size portions and arranged them artfully onto serving platters. The rest of the congregation wasn't sure if he was making fun of them or just unfamiliar with Midwestern ways. My question was, *** was going on in his marriage, what had he done to his wife in the past, for her to just let him to that without even trying to explain the concept of bar cookies to him?

This post reminds of of this lol

1000002731.jpg

BT

Back