• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

PLATFORM RECOMMENDATIONS

Disclaimer, that’s my old Helium, but it’s bout the same size as the seeker.

Room to turn is going to be a matter of what you are comfortable with and a matter of how fast, quiet, and carefully you want to be performing the maneuver.

There’s been nods to platforms of varying depths. For example, a Razor Magnum (11.25”) and Predator XL (13”). Considering your size 13 boot probably measures closer to 15”, they may or may not fit the bill.

Then there’s often a center post that sticks up through the foot platform to work around when making a turn.

Platforms like the Ambush and Ridge Runner XL are at the top end and approach 15”.

.5 treestand is over 20” deep

I have size 13 boots and I have cruzr seeker platform that I love. There's plenty of room to turn around and stand comfortably. I only use it during rifle season though due to weight and use my bullman platform steps for all of archery and early rifle.

This^^^ No matter what platform you get, put a step on each side and you’ll never look back. My seeker mini is plenty enough for me to turn around on , but wearing only a 10.5 boot.

The steps on the side is Money!!

View attachment 96338
what kind/brand of step you got on that strap?

I wear size 10 boots and been hunting from a TL EDP platform this fall. As mentioned previously, I set my platform just above and to the side of my top stick so I can use the top step as an extra. I'm also working on a DIY ROs and plan to incorporate that next year.

Have someone local weld you one. Can be as big as you want. Mine are less than 4#

Attachments

• Resized_20240114_150216_612.jpeg
    Resized_20240114_150216_612.jpeg
    388 KB · Views: 23
I was always a ROS guy but just got back from AL and tried the Trophy Line Onyx and I was thoroughly impressed. Wouldn’t want it any smaller or bigger, super stable and comfortable on my feet all day. Was always a sitter using ROS but leaned all day with the Onyx and was so comfortable that I ditched the knee pads on day 2. I also used an OCB strap with 2 squirrel steps on the bigger trees. The added weight of the platform is more than made up for with the addition of Tethrd One sticks. Super happy with my setup now.

Back