• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

String cost rant.

High string prices are a great way to sell your wife on that new stickbow you've been looking at. Tell her you'll buy a $45 spool of material and make your own strings for the next 5 years.

Meet me over in the saddle hunter support thread for more helpful tips.

I HAVE been wanting to get into a recurve! How did you know?!?!?!

I know nothing about them though. Draw length, poundage, etc.

But that string deal sure does sound good!

BT

High string prices are a great way to sell your wife on that new stickbow you've been looking at. Tell her you'll buy a $45 spool of material and make your own strings for the next 5 years.

Meet me over in the saddle hunter support thread for more helpful tips.
Last time I listened to you I got another one of these. Screenshot_20240125-212636-320.png

I HAVE been wanting to get into a recurve! How did you know?!?!?!

I know nothing about them though. Draw length, poundage, etc.

But that string deal sure does sound good!

BT
Come on over to the trad section and ask away. Don’t let @MattMan81fool you. It’s not that expensive, especially when you get some money back from all of the compound stuff you decide to sell.

How much are arrows though? I have a hunch that there will be a few misses lol

Gold tip blems are your friend.....lol. You can still get a dozen shafts for around $60. If you move to wood, besides getting pissed if you break one and the little bit of time it takes to make them.....they're pretty tough, beautiful, and consistent. And fairly cheap.

I don’t see a big increase in BCY product costs over the past couple of years.

I decided not to sell my wheel free bow. So there is still some hope. But the time to set it up to hunt will still be a while yet. It has a new string on it. So good there. Just need the right arrow, feathers, good form, patients and practice.........

I decided not to sell my wheel free bow. So there is still some hope. But the time to set it up to hunt will still be a while yet. It has a new string on it. So good there. Just need the right arrow, feathers, good form, patients and practice.........

Don't over think it. Just start shooting

Gold tip blems are your friend.....lol. You can still get a dozen shafts for around $60. If you move to wood, besides getting pissed if you break one and the little bit of time it takes to make them.....they're pretty tough, beautiful, and consistent. And fairly cheap.
Bout $40 per dozen for what I shoot.
Boy, I AM doing this wrong. I've got $150 strings and arrows that are like$200 a dozen...

Boy, I AM doing this wrong. I've got $150 strings and arrows that are like$200 a dozen...
You should just trade me your Solution for my Raven. Think how much money you will be ahead in the long term. I'll even toss in a dozen 2117 arrows I got.

You should just trade me your Solution for my Raven. Think how much money you will be ahead in the long term. I'll even toss in a dozen 2117 arrows I got.
say what now? Is that the bow you were selling a while back?

Do you happen to be a 29" draw? I've got a mathews I might be willing to deal lol
Lol. Got enough Cam bows ATM. Unless you can really lower it for the kids. But I think that one you had was a set.

I put highest end ABBStrings on and I think they were $200.….installed on a Blackout Epic2. I’ll mention the peep sight is in the same pos after 100s of shots

I prev had a bow shop make and install very cool looking string on a PSE Infinity for $125. I’ve had the string turned twice and it needs to be done again.

I may try the ABBS $175 Set next time As the platinum may have been overkill…..lol Oh, and I got a huge window sticker with it!!

I re looked at ABB. Holy crap! There are plenty of string makers out there much cheaper than that. I just can’t see what I’m getting from ABB and Ghost that Catfish Customs, High Voltage and a ton of others don’t have.

Back