• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

MR Metcalf

GCTerpfan

Staff member
SH Member
Last years version of the Metcalf is on sale. Code extra10 is supposed to get you another 10% off and makes it over $200 in savings. If I didn’t have the Beartooth I’d buy this one.

I have to throw in my recommendation for the Metcalf… I picked one up a few years ago for a long back-country hike in expectation of future western hunts. That back-country hike was a 5 day hike in alpine altitudes and the pack worked flawlessly for what I needed. Fast forward to 2023, and I hiked an elk and a buck out with it. The elk was a 3 mile hike, the buck was a mile and a half. I hiked the buck out in a single load by simply quartering and gutless method. I could have dropped weight significantly by deboning, but the pack could have cared less.

It is a FANTASTIC pack.
A bit big if you are just whitetail hunting, but if you add in packing in camp, or are considering larger game, I would ABSOLUTELY pick up one at this price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to throw in my recommendation for the Metcalf… I picked one up a few years ago for a long back-country hike in expectation of future western hunts. That back-country hike was a 5 day hike in alpine altitudes and the pack worked flawlessly for what I needed. Fast forward to 2023, and I hiked an elk and a buck out with it. The elk was a 3 mile hike, the buck was a mile and a half. I hiked the buck out in a single load by simply quartering and gutless method. I could have dropped weight significantly by deboning, but the pack could have cared less.

It is a FANTASTIC pack.
A bit big if you are just whitetail hunting, but if you add in packing in camp, or are considering larger game, I would ABSOLUTELY pick up one at this price!

Figured I’d throw in a pic of each hike out.
First is a full elk hind quarter…
207220ad464fd9eb2ac39ef75cd18d13.jpg

Second is the entire buck…
ce03654ce2b2f04eb572d0417831919f.jpg

338125ccae204a0ed424c7267f78cf72.jpg

Back