• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

amsteel

1. W

OOAL Slick Rick One-Stick

The Slick Rick One-Stick The Slick Rick is the first one-stick to be equipped with both a folding top and folding bottom platform for incredible packability. Just like the Big BOB one-stick, the Slick Rick utilizies an adjustable top platform to give the user the most comfortable hunt possible...
  2. N

How can I shorten Amsteel?

I bought some ansteel aiders, a 3 step and 2 step. They are spaced out just about an inch too long as I have a really hard time getting my foot up on the next step. What's the best way for me to shorten them an inch or 2? I'm assuming there's a cut and splice or cut and tie knot option...
  3. J

Amsteel (sure it’s been asked, can’t find a definitive)

Good evening fellow saddle hunters! I’m that guy (new to saddle hunting) and trying to get a idea and thoughts….. I recently purchased the Hawk Helium 20” sticks! I am looking at doing the rope mod. Looking at the 1/8” Amsteel for my straps. Breaking strength looks to be 2500#. So, are people...
  4. RentalGoat89

New tethrd menace bridge

Hey guys, I’m new to the forum and to saddle hunting. I just got my tethrd menace today and I’ve been hanging in it/practicing shooting all day and I noticed the bridge is much thinner in the middle and has some of the core coming out. Should I be worried or is this normal? Tried googling...
  5. N

Amsteel Blue Tether??

Hey, this is my first post here I was just wondering if anyone has ever used Amsteel blue as a tether?? Ive got more than 50ft of it and was wondering if anyone has used it as a tether before and if so whats the pros and cons to it? besides it being extremely strong. I haven't tried it yet but...
  6. parsnip

amsteel CRUZR adjustable bridge, not very adjustable?

Hi All, I've got a Cruzr saddle that I love. I got the adjustable bridge. Breaking that prussic to get it to adjust is really hard. I basically have to push the knot open, with no tension on the bridge at all, and then I can barely get it to slide through. I undid the prussic, and redid it...
  7. GreenMtHunter

My First Hunt in a Saddle! Thoughts and feedback appre

It was a balmy (and very windy) 70 degrees in VT. on Saturday. I woke up around 4:30am to meet my Old Man and get into our stands. At around 11:30 we departed after a quiet, yet beautiful morning amongst the foliage here in the Green Mountain State. On the way home I decided it was time to do...
  8. Red Beard

5.5lb climbing, platforming, & descending package - Solo Scout

Saddle hunting is dangerous. People have died doing it. Know that if you hunt from an elevated position, there is a higher percentage of you not coming home to your loved ones than if you stay on the ground. Take the words/ideas of dudes on the internet with a grain of salt; very few of them are...
  9. DelaWhere_Arrow

Tethrd Phantom’s Bridge Knot

Hey y’all, been a while since I’ve posted but I was looking at the Phantom saddle and though it’s quite cool, I noticed some things that rang my safety alarm: the Amsteel bridge is adjustable with a prusik of exactly the same diameter and material. Is there a climbing instructor, arborist, or...
  10. bj139

SRT on 3/16" UHMWPE (Amsteel)

I bought a 50 foot winch rope kit kit from HF made from UHMWPE. I was thinking 50 feet is the perfect length for an SRT climbing line. I tried hanging from the line with my Petzl ascender and it worked OK. The rope was a little deformed but it is tough and strong. I have been thinking about...
  11. SecretAgentMan

Amsteel Aider with Hose Step

I’m totally new to saddle hunting. So much so, that I haven’t even had a sit yet. Still waiting on gear. But, in the meantime, I did DIY up a step aider. I fiddled with a strap and just never came out with something I liked when trying it out in the yard. And maybe this will fold up and pack a...
  12. S

Daisy Chain Mods

Merry Christmas, everyone! As we all are, I'm constantly making mods to my equipment. My next mod is going to be a rope mod on my new Heliums that I got for Christmas. I've seen rope mods, which I've done on my platform with 9mm static line, but I'm thinking for the sticks, I'm going to go with...
  13. JohnnyB38

Amsteel Knaider/Swaider

Anyone care to give me some feedback on design and construction? 7/64th's, minimum bury of 6" + the bremmel lock. First set I've ever built, load test tomorrow!!!! Trying to space these Stepladders out a bit more. TYIA!!!
  14. S

Amsteel splicing/loop making etc

I've been playing around making daisy chains. All those awesome tutorial videos have been extremely helpful!!! Thanks much to all guys that shared their experiences with us. I've had some of own thoughts I'd like to share. I did purchase the blue knitting needles and fashioned a fid. (fine...
  15. S

Harbor Freight "amsteel"

I read on someone's post that HF has rope like amsteel. Then just last week I got an add from them and they have ATV winch rope, 50', with tow hook and abrasion resistant sleeve. 3/16" diameter. On sale for $24.99. Regularly $29. I bought 2, should have gotten 3. It has a working weight of...
  16. T

Hawk Helium sticks w/ Amsteel Daisy Chain

Easy mod anyone can do! Super lightweight and noise free. 1.) buy a spool of 1/8” amsteel 2.) watch YouTube video on how to make a daisy chain 3.) replace your cam buckle straps with Amsteel daisy chains Instead of just doing a few loops on each end I did loops the entire 8’ length which...
  17. MettBriler

Harbor Freight has amsteel

I was cruising through Harbor Freight and found this in the winch section. https://www.harborfreight.com/ATVUTV-Synthetic-Rope-Fairlead-Kit-63139.html Working load 3000lbs Tensile strength 4700lbs 50ft long and 3/16" diameter 12 strand It seems to be very close to amsteel blue 3/16 Ended up...
  18. T

Hawk Helium’s w/ Amsteel 1/8” daisy chain

So after trying muddy climbing sticks 3 years ago I wrote off climbing sticks completely until this year when I bought the new Helium sticks. Super light weight, can make them even lighter if you make them single instead of double stepped. Also I just replaced the cam buckles and webbing and...
  19. B

Question for adding amsteel to stepps and SRT rappel

Hi All, Firstly as a new member, I’d like to thank everyone who contribute to these forums. The amount of knowledge and insight within this community is really an awesome thing. Anyways, this will be my first year saddle hunting. Hoping to practice in my flex saddle next week. I’m looking for...
Back