• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

1st with a saddle, 1st with a bow

Acatdrew

Hey team just felt like sharing a little success from NWPA. New to the forum, new to archery and new to saddle hunting.

Moved from from Arizona to Erie Pa a couple of years ago. Gave up my long range bino's and tripod combo, and rifle for a bow.

Two seasons hauling a stand around and there had to be a better way. The Eberhart's, New Tribe and Wildedge Inc. led the way. Thanks so much all the help.

Nice mature buck, 5 pts. not a huge rack but almost 225 #s. I'm no pro at aging but a buddy who butchered deer for 20 + years think it could be 5 or older.

Either way I'm thrilled to pull off felt almost impossible 2 seasons ago.
c9b910fae6cf93160280bbb1b39a51ee.jpg
db934be28a430b6c6d4a3a072fd67884.jpg
c2b0d49eb273a769df04744edc6db78e.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Way to go Saddle Brother!!!! Welcome to the the forum!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats! I got my first one from my sit drag today. I'm glad I found this site, lots of great info here. I agree, that's an older deer in my eyes as well. Congrats again!

Awesome!!! Way to go in your saddle kill!

That is a great buck! Congrats! He looks like an old mountain buck to me :D

That is a great buck! Congrats! He looks like an old mountain buck to me :D
He had pretty good life. Always access to corn and soy. I think he was a bit of a dominant/bully buck on my wife's Uncles property. Many doe and only young subordinate spikes and forks. My wife and I have had encounters with him the last 3 seasons.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Bada$$ brother! Congrats. Mature old slob!! Can't wait to get my first from the saddle - but I have not gotten out there yet this year

Back