• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

A New Saddle Is Coming

Autumnrider

John Reed, owner of the new JX3 Outdoors, has purchased the proven saddle type treestand maker, Guidos Outdoors (Guidos Web) and as he has promised to rebuild the Web, he has done that and has he ever.
JX3 Outdoors has taken the title in which Guidos Web was concidered "The Cadillac" of all saddle type stand by introducing their own cadillac, "THE HYBRID". Its not a saddle but acts like one.
John designed The Hybrid to be safe, comfortable, easy to clean and user friendly.
After unpacking the HYBRID from its shipping box, I have to say, a smile formed across my face. The mesh seat and back made me realize the HYBRID is going to be cool. Picking it up told me it's not heavy, 9 -11 pounds and its not cumbersome while on my back.
The quality of the HYBRID is impressive. The loops were the bridge and lineman's belt connect are doubled in half and sewn for durability and this makes it easy to attack the the carabiners. Inside of each loop and bridge, they are colored with neon colored webbing so the loops are easily found during low light.
The HYBRID has two strips of of webbing that connects the rear of seat to the bottom of backrest to allow easy packing and also in the same place, there are two elastic band that gave me room to reach and bend easier while I was stapped in the stand.
As I practised with the HYBRID, I found that I can climb with the seat up in packing position or hang down without any contact with the seat nor fork.
Speaking of the fork, it will retract for clearance during the climb. While at hunting/practice hight with the fork extended i can rotate completely around a smaller tree with the use of only the top steps of my ladder stick to make any shot without standing. This eliminates the use of a extra platform or a ring of steps. On a larger tree, little larger than a phone pole, I can move the fork 4 to 6 inches right or left and i could shoot from 7 o'clock around the tree to almost 3 o'clock. I had to put stand to shoot 3 to 7 o'clock. Again, just using my top stepps of my ladder.
The HYBRID also has a bow holder that really like.
There is plenty of packing space and places to connect just about any thing you need for an all day sit.
I can put my bibs and coat on after climbing. I was hot, but its not hard to do. The deeper seat gets me farther away from the tether allowing more room while in the seat.
The backrest stays in place without falling down past the seat when I removed my shoulder straps. Backrest angle is adjustable for comfort.
I used the stan as a seat while resting between shooting sessions and I'll be using that for turkey hunting.
I never had to take the HYBRID off my back while walking in, climbing up and down the tree nor packing up everything for the walk out.
I can't wait to put the HYBRID through a long hard season so I can add more information and findings about "THE HYBRID"

In closing......
JX3 Outdoors' new HYBRID is a game changer for those looking for all day comfort, simplicity and safety. I like it!!
5ec666412540ef98a9593ea85b728609.jpg
356402500241ed23ba521a6c33c5c515.jpg
9d54b35fa81eb9d58f3d97088c188d35.jpg
bb19758f5393abb221d344e69b25d0f7.jpg
680439f4ac92cacd04e4e054683118e1.jpg
5722d710befda126a75dc9f74f26b3f5.jpg
7d54bd169f9c26495f2f064c16b46c46.jpg
5416decd2123bd0796c4be561548e285.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Interesting! I’d love to see a video !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fantastic! I cannot wait to hear more about “The Hybrid” looking forward to more reviews with seat time.

Looks good

I like the changes

How does this attach as a harness? It looks like there is a waist belt, but are there leg straps as well to keep you from sliding out of the front of the seat?

I think of a hybrid as a smaller sling style with something to stand on. A la assassin, but I run my saddle with a larger treestand. I guess we are all hybrids of some sort. Good luck to yinz in your endeavor. The more choices, the less corny youtube marketing the better as far as I am concerned.

That’s awesome @Autumnrider. He picked the right person on here to review it. Can’t wait to hear more after you get some time in it.

Back