• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

AeroHunter Evolution Package system vs. Saddle only

mbeard1969

Decided to buy the AeroHunter EVO. Trying to decide whether to buy the complete kit, or if I can save a few bucks and buy the Saddle only and get the Lineman's belt and tree tether seperately buying Rope and caribiner's seperately. Maybe including a ropeman in place of prussic knots...

Any advice here..

If you're going to go with a ropeman and feel comfortable tying your own ropes I would go with the saddle only option.

What if you were not going to go with the ropeman, Seems like you could save some significant money....

$43 lineman's belt (10 ft. rope)
$48 tether Strap (12 Foot Rope)
probably 10ft of 8 - 9mm rope for prussick

Both come with a caribiner (Figure $15-$20 each) so $40
22 feet of Rope ($1/foot so $22)
10 of rope for Prussick $10)

So $30 savings...am I missing anything.....Seems like a no brainer, but I would have thought there would have been some better cost discount for the package deal........

Cost should not be the only consideration. Time available, how experienced you are with saddles, ropes, modifications, etc..... if you are seasoned and know what you like in a saddle, then buying components separately might be best. If you are brand new I would opt for the kit knowing someone with experience put it together for you..... there is no "right" answer just what is right for you. I personally don't worry about cost as my mods usually end up costing me far more - but I know what I want and like experimenting so cost is not "the factor" for me. I cannot find a commercial saddle "kit" that works out of the box for how I hunt ..... if it did exist I would not hesitate to buy it as an all inclusive kit.

Last edited:
Agree with Dave, its all about what you are comfortable with. If I was new to saddle hunting and wanted to buy the aero, I would buy the kit so I could get up and going right away. I would not worry about spending 370 and building my own tether and linemans vs 400 for getting it already. If you buy the kit you can see what they did and learn from it if you decide to make your own parts in the future.

As I've said many times on here, New Tribe is a great company, they make a great product and it is the number 1 saddle I recommend to people interested in saddle hunting looking for a good safe option out of the box.

yeah true...I like the idea of having two loops on the tether......and saw new tribes was only a not...Guess I can just tie a loop in the opposite end as well for an extra safety......

yeah true...I like the idea of having two loops on the tether......and saw new tribes was only a not...Guess I can just tie a loop in the opposite end as well for an extra safety......
and thought I might be able to get an extra lineman's belt out of it...I like having two lineman's belts to maneuver limbs....been using the tree saddle for several years, but new to ropes..

bit the bullet and bought the whole system.......unfortunately won't get for a few weeks as they got behind due to backorder of parts......

bit the bullet and bought the whole system.......unfortunately won't get for a few weeks as they got behind due to backorder of parts......
I think you'll be happy with your purchase. Just remember there are lots of adjustments on the saddle so you are going to have to set aside some to get it dialed in for comfort (at ground level of course).

yea...I guess the good thing is that I've been using the Trophy line so at least I'm very familiar with the concept......the rest should just be adjust the fit and getting used to how to use a rope tether and rope lanyard instead of the belts I've been using....

Decided to buy the AeroHunter EVO. Trying to decide whether to buy the complete kit, or if I can save a few bucks and buy the Saddle only and get the Lineman's belt and tree tether seperately buying Rope and caribiner's seperately. Maybe including a ropeman in place of prussic knots...

Any advice here..
I just bought one a month ago. After pricing out the components on REI, I went with the package deal. It was going to be about the same price for the components I priced. Also, It is nice to pull it out of the box and start using it immediately.

Having their system as a guide and backup components is a good thing if you aren't experienced in making your own.
The Rope they use is excellent. Their carabiners are too heavy. The rope linesman's belt is totally functional but I think there are better options for that.

Back