• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Aider / Etrier recommendations?

MilkWeed

I am looking at picking up a aider to attach to the bottom of my 4 LW sticks. Can anyone offer any recommendation as to which one I should look at getting?
I found a Black Diamond 5 step on amazon for $31 Shipped.

Thanks,

I don't think you can you can go more then a two step on the bottom of a stick. You can only reach so high with the stick. I went with a double at the bottom them singles after that.

Michbowhunter said:
I don't think you can you can go more then a two step on the bottom of a stick. You can only reach so high with the stick. I went with a double at the bottom them singles after that.

I actually built a 2 step aider for my bottom stick last night. I agree, that is probably all you can do. I also planned on just putting a single on each of my next sticks.

I use the Black Diamond five step on my 20" Muddy and it works great. I can get the top I the first stick at 7.5'. I don't think you will get as high with the LW stick because you have to cinch the strap down. The Muddy has the rope so I can easily flip the rope higher than I can reach and run in through the cam at the top of my reach.

Sent from space

Back