• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Another DIY Saddle- Scuba Webbing & 1000D Cordura

FUSE

Put this together using Sitdrag dimensions as the base. $15 of cordura and $10 of webbing with about 1.5hr at injector. Only took it out on a 4hr sit, no problems. No complaints with comfort. $7 ammo shoulder strap makes one hell of a back band. See attached pictures. IMG_7266.JPGIMG_7316.JPGIMG_7323.JPG

Did you cup the seat any or just sew it on flat?

Very nice work! Bonus for multicam! What kind of machine do you need to be able to sew 1000d and webbing?

Very nice work! Bonus for multicam! What kind of machine do you need to be able to sew 1000d and webbing?

I was about to ask the same question. I have some old cheap thrift store Singer. It doesn’t have a problem sewing most webbing, I guess due to its fairly “loose” thread weave, the 1000d I’m sure would be a different story. My machine gives me fits with the top thread tension discs. When it works, it works great, but can go to crap in a heartbeat when you least expect it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you buy the Cordura and webbing? I'm making a full up DIY Saddle now. That's happening.

I added 4 inches of width in the crotch and tapered it back to the loops. The taper makes a slight cup, but it was sewn flat. Im using on old/very old Pfaff 130 that I picked up a couple years back. She will sew through the molle, scuba, cordura, and your finger if you let her. @g2outdoors I picked up the webbing and cordura on Ebay. Here is the webbing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/FOLIAGE-GR...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649.

I needed a better way to hunt deep in our WMA's. Lock On and sticks were getting the best of me. Made my saddle and carried 4 helium sticks in the other day, it was a glorious experience. I'm sold now. I'm needing a platform and I'll be set for the late season.

I also put together another 1.6oz ripstop hammock seat that is pretty nice. Incredibly comfortable. Still testing it out. That material sewn with MARA50 is pretty dang tough...

Appreciate the compliments.

Wow this is impressive! Well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex,

the pics you sent me through facebook messenger didn't do this justice! Or maybe it's because I was viewing it on my phone! I am impressed man!

Very impressive i wonder if the singer heavy duty could handle making something like that. @FUSE If you don’t mind me asking what does this weigh? I like what you did now i want to make one to incorporate a few ideas i have.

Back