• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anyone hang their cameras high in the tree?

ctbreitwieser

Was wondering if anyone here hangs there camera in an elevated position on trees. Im always getting pictures of fur and eyeballs, or bucks turned just right where I can't really tell what they're wearing.

I put out a few mineral sites yesterday and took a wild edge step and my SitDrag/lineman's belt. Poured mineral and just went up one step to get the camera about 10' up. I'm thinking it will give a better view of the area and not have worry about stuff getting covered up.

Was hoping to see pictures from similar setups if anyone does it.

I have friends that are hanging them up 8-10 ft. They carry a climbing stick with a multi step aider. Main reason is to deter dirtbags from reading/deleting sd pics, stealing sd cards or stealing cameras.

Pics seem good.

I’m gonna try it myself this yr.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hang all my cams up high ,I camo them with the bark and silicone . Sometime they blend in a little to good [hard to find]

I usually drill my presets to height and set up my time lapse camera angled slightly downward, secured with a small bungee (I place a stick behind the upper part to get the right angle). These are usually about 18-20’.

I leave it for about 7-10 days and take it back when I hunt the stand. It provides good Picts. and no one has messed with one yet. I usually set up on funnels or slough ends so I’m only watching one direction, but one could position two cameras for a more panoramic view in open areas.

Last edited:
1 stick, this is roughly 10 feet.
009394ab341cea3caebad585d8197da6.jpg
c7d1c83ec2e05e29f9d5c1fbb777c23c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I always put mine at least two sticks high so I set them about 12 to 14 feet high. Had too many walk off when I put them at ground level. Don't camo them anymore than they are. So far so good.

I figure about 10 ft. 1 stick and Bigasports is like 6’8” lol so there pretty high.

I hang mine about 10’ up just to keep them away from thieves.
0defd620dc27a8955db1827fceaca294.jpg

I use one stick and a cable lock to combat thievery got a stud on them too
fdb9b54fea5bec86a493ff3cb7e9c62a.jpg

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I do depending on area. If I think it's possible that someone will find it, I set it as high I can reach off 1 stick. Also use a screw in bracket to attach to tree, instead of the strap. The biggest thing that I recognize in the woods is the strap on the camera before I actually see the camera.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back