• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Before I become a cutter....

Dragsmack

Maybe Im crazy, I know Im weird....but I was pretty comfy in my Kestral with a tubular webbing bridge. I bought the Mantis and hunted last week and had the infamous hip pinch.

This morning I measured my Kestral bridge at 36 inches. I used my linesman belt to find a comfortable length in the Mantis which was about 36 plus inches. I am putting the tether about head high and I lean 75% of the time. My bridge length preference seems at odds with most everyone else is finding. I am 5`9" and 215lbs with a gut and not much of a butt.

Im going to REI to buy some more webbing but I hate to cut that Amsteel bridge if Im making a mistake. What do you guys think?

Maybe Im crazy, I know Im weird....but I was pretty comfy in my Kestral with a tubular webbing bridge. I bought the Mantis and hunted last week and had the infamous hip pinch.

This morning I measured my Kestral bridge at 36 inches. I used my linesman belt to find a comfortable length in the Mantis which was about 36 plus inches. I am putting the tether about head high and I lean 75% of the time. My bridge length preference seems at odds with most everyone else is finding. I am 5`9" and 215lbs with a gut and not much of a butt.

Im going to REI to buy some more webbing but I hate to cut that Amsteel bridge if Im making a mistake. What do you guys think?

I would tuck the amsteel bridge into the belt for several dots before cutting it.
If you decide you really do like the 36” length, then cut after several sits of proof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My preferred bridge is 22-26 inches from end to end - if I am using carbineers then I add that measurement in which gives me about a 20 inch bridge loop to loop.

yup, and it would still be attached to the one side, I'm backing you up on this one.... impossible without breaking $h!t. This is the reason they have to sew it into the saddle. @Erniepower and @g2outdoors

Thanks, I drew it out just to make sure. There isn’t any way to do it without cutting. Both sides are locked Brummells.

Longer bridge helps with that for sure. Amsteel vs Tubular webbing is just a material choice, no difference in comfort. Id personally order more amsteel and do the whoopie mod. This is what I have, allows you to change the bridge length on the fly. Overkill for some, but we are all different.

I was more comfortable with any length bridge below the amsteel bridge. I suspect that the amsteel bridge was riding high in the bridge loops which was uncomfortable. I thought I read a post by someone that had the same issue and put some paracord weave in the loops to keep the amsteel from riding high. Does this make sense? Does anyone remember what thread that was in?

I was more comfortable with any length bridge below the amsteel bridge. I suspect that the amsteel bridge was riding high in the bridge loops which was uncomfortable. I thought I read a post by someone that had the same issue and put some paracord weave in the loops to keep the amsteel from riding high. Does this make sense? Does anyone remember what thread that was in?

You can reposition where it sits in the loops to change the pressure from top to bottom without tying anything. Just take your weight off the saddle a bit and when you get the loops where you want them put your weight back in it and it should stay in that spot.

Back