• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Custom Paint Jobs

cozy23

Post up anything you've put a custom paint job on. Platform, sticks, etc.

Here's my Predator. I already had the paint I was going to use on my sticks and couldn't resist experimenting a little bit.
870a1cdea12a02f8b8c0188f65a1bbc3.jpg
527e845539c22cd678d9fdd89541e305.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Looks good. Hard to see them sticks. I been conjuring up a camo scheme over last few months thinking of doing my lw stands and my infalt sticks. Predator platform will probably be my first go at it though. I'm just worried if it looks how I got in mind I may set it down and lose it.

I ordered my mantis, platform And such at the ATA show in February 2016. Seems like it's been months with nothing to show for my money. I'm starting to wonder when I'm Goin to get my shipment I was #11 to place an order so I just missed my free gift of a 2" knife they jacked from a qad hdx rest box.

I have a second pair of helium sticks that I'm going to start painting this week hopefully they turn out just as good

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Maybe a silly question, but how's the bottom of that Predator platform look? That's what the deer are gonna see! :)

Maybe a silly question, but how's the bottom of that Predator platform look? That's what the deer are gonna see! :)
I just randomly taped it off and sprayed it. I didn't sponge any paint on the bottom though. I think it's really just to look cool and I WON'T see the bottom when I'm standing on it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I got my 2nd set of heliums painted, I think they turned out pretty good. I think I need to order some more green amsteel.
cc1ff49f48aea52d7b4782a9eb276117.jpg

You mind sharing your method? I am very impressed with this scheme! It is exactly what I need in the michigan woods!

You mind sharing your method? I am very impressed with this scheme! It is exactly what I need in the michigan woods!
G2outdoors has a video on YouTube. Called the sponge method. It's very easy and effective.

I just use matte tan paint and some glossy brown to break up the outline in a sort of ghetto-asat fashion. It doesn't look as cool as these sponge paints but certainly good enough for deer vision. Actually if you back up 15 or 20 yards they are pretty tough to pick up with human vision too.

I got my 2nd set of heliums painted, I think they turned out pretty good. I think I need to order some more green amsteel.
cc1ff49f48aea52d7b4782a9eb276117.jpg

That is wicked right there - makes my camo job looked kindergartenish

Back