• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cutting up a deer Great video for first time deer butcher

Ontariofarmer

McClendonMeats

I have cut up several deers for my self and others in the last two years. I know many probably know how to do this but for newbies this video will be helpful

Nice! Didn't get to watch it yet but thanks for posting :D

After doing it myself for the first deer I shot, I don't get why anyone would pay to have someone else do it!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

After doing it myself for the first deer I shot, I don't get why anyone would pay to have someone else do it!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Yup. It is alot of work but so is deer hunting, scouting etc. I have always done all my deer including my first deer using this video. When your are tired and want to hunt more it is tempting to take it somewhere though.

I watched a great video years ago after having processed dozens of deer. I still learned a lot from it despite my experience. Lots of great info on how the muscle groups come together and how best to separate them. At this point, I can't even tell you exactly what I learned vs what I knew before... but I watched the video two or three times that year and now it is all just part of my routine. I will try to find that DVD and put it up for free in the Classifieds. Let someone else check it out and review it.

I think it was made by the folks who sell the 'swing blade' skinning, gutting knife.

Didn't watch this video but if anybody wants to try butchering their own for the first time I highly recommend the kentucky afield videos. Really well done. 3 different sections that take you all the way from field dressing to packaging.

Meat eater did an episode on butchering that was really good too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

This is a great video. I like the repeating sequences to beat it into my brain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meat eater did an episode on butchering that was really good too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Any idea what video? I found one of Steve Rinella field dressing on YouTube, would like to see that butchering vid.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back