• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Digging through some old emails

Boudreaux

Vendor Rep
So I have kept all my emails regarding sadde hunting from the beginning. I stumbled on the email from a guy in GA who I bought my Jim Stepps from back in 2010 and it shows his climbing method. They used 3 sets 2 ameristeps on a strap and a 8 step aider. They would set the ameristeps as high as they could reach then put the aider over one step, climb up and stand on the steps and set a second set as high as they could and move their aider up and repeat. Here are a few pictures of his system that he sent me. He was trying to use the Jim Stepps but couldn't get them to work for him. Talk about ahead of the game, Clay if your on here let me know!

Thanks,
Boswell
a53277b7.jpg 1037034b.jpg

That is awesome. Having a spot to place both feet is key when putting up the next step and aider.

That platform looks heavy :) he was onto something for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's cool I guess he had the pretty good ameristep cuz they didn't break. I was fortunate enough to buy a bunch of ameristep that weren't recalled a bunch of years ago at Sportsman's Warehouse before they went out of business in in Pittsburgh.

Back