• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Double Steps Fleece Dump Pouch

DaveT1963

Vendor Rep
Folks - I have to give a shout out to Dan O at Doublesteps.com for his great product - Fleece dump pouch. As many of you can attest, I am very demanding on my gear - and opinionated as crap about my gear as well :) I put a ton of thought into each item I take with me. Quietness is ALWAYS a huge concern as is durability and functionality. I have used a rather noisy pouch to hold my tether, pruners, pull rope and a few other items. I always hated the noise the zipper made when I was setting up. I finally ordered a fleece dump pouch from Dan O to try. I was worried it would not be "rigid" enough to allow me to extract and put away items and I needed a quick attach method.

I got the pouch in and tried the clips and quickly remove them as they were a little difficult to remove while wearing the saddle (perfectly fine for leaving the bag on - I just like a clean saddle while hunting) I used a carbineer (small cheap wal mart one for holding keys) and now that quick clips into my zip tie loop.

That is the only mod I made and this thing is fricken PERFECT. It holds all my gear - easily with room to spare) is dead quiet in pack and on saddle, and best of all the draw cord makes it easy to get items in and out and pulls tight when everything is stored away. the quality of sewing and the little extra support at the straps is superb.

I highly recommend these dump pouches for a quiet and totally functioning dump pouch that will hold a tether, linemans, pull rope and a few other items.

Great product! Like it so much i am getting some custom items made that I have been thinking about for a long time now.

I agree. I use the JX-3 and don't have much use for molle attachments. But, I just tied a loop between the molle loops and then hang it from that loop. I use them to pack some extras into my JX-3. They fit more than you'd think, they cinch tight to keep everything in, and they are completely silent.

What is great is that Dan will make anything to your specifications - totally custom - you cannot beat his service, price or PRODUCTS.

I've got a fleece and a saddlecloth incoming for testing. They look great. I had the same potential concerns re:rigidity as you so great to hear good news. Light and silent sounds perfect to me.

Only drawback might be picking up stickers walking through brush.

I like that (pretty much exactly the murse i am looking for)...it that standard size or custom?
First, it's a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Not sure if it's standard or not. I told Dano that he needed to make something to carry all those sets of 8-12 squirrels steps folks were buying. He whipped this up. So I guess it's a prototype?

I've got a fleece and a saddlecloth incoming for testing. They look great. I had the same potential concerns re:rigidity as you so great to hear good news. Light and silent sounds perfect to me.

Only drawback might be picking up stickers walking through brush.

mine stays in my pack until I climb, then goes right back In pack once i get set up... reverse coming down

First, it's a satchel. Indiana Jones wears one.

Not sure if it's standard or not. I told Dano that he needed to make something to carry all those sets of 8-12 squirrels steps folks were buying. He whipped this up. So I guess it's a prototype?
Yes, prototype of a soon to be released "NutterBusterPurse"
Ok, maybe under a different name!

I love DanOs fleece pouches.

It’s a purse.

I have no room to talk because my Nutters reside in my wife’s purse. It’s not Camo. I get to see them on my birthday.

Back