• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

East KY

RKB1989

Hello from Big Blue Nation! Just getting into saddles. Purchased the Cruzr XC, and Seeker platform. Tried it out this morning on a tree in the backyard. It’s comfy, but I have to fidget around every few minutes to ease some pressure points. Just trying to understand how I’m going to make all days sits work during prime time. I have a back band and knee pad from Cruzr. Don’t know how anyone could go without the back band. Any tips or advice please share! Also, check out the pic of my boy in the basement last nite

63f60214af39a8ed25e5dddf1ef9d31c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more you practice with it the more you’ll get the adjustments to the saddle set to the way you like them and that will help. If the pad isn’t working out for you as well as you like it might be worth checking out knee pads instead, that’s just personal preference for each user it seems. Being in saddle shape is a real thing; use it lots and try to do a little more/longer each time and it’ll come.

Welcome from Texas. The XC is a great saddle, play with the bridge length and tether height. I always set my tether too high when I started, now I like it neck height with a longer bridge length. Good luck this season

Welcome from Ky as well, what part of east Ky are you from? I’m in Menifee Co. There is some learning curve to saddle hunting and comfort but I haven’t ever looked back since I started hunting this way! Good luck and God Bless

Welcome from Southeast Georgia! Your son looks like he is ready to saddle hunt with you.... keep him interested and you will always know where to find him, well at least during hunting season. Lol
Good luck to you this season and be safe out there!!

Welcome from Ky as well, what part of east Ky are you from? I’m in Menifee Co. There is some learning curve to saddle hunting and comfort but I haven’t ever looked back since I started hunting this way! Good luck and God Bless

Eastern KY, Pike to be exact :cool:

Welcome from Southeast Georgia! Your son looks like he is ready to saddle hunt with you.... keep him interested and you will always know where to find him, well at least during hunting season. Lol
Good luck to you this season and be safe out there!!

Man, hes been hunting with me since he was about 4. I hope that never changes. He seems to love it as much as I do. It's never been forced, hes like a kid on christmas when season arrives haha

Welcome from Northern Virginia.
As others have said saddle shape is a thing; the more you do it the easier it gets. Also some saddles fit different body shapes better or worse. You might try with adjusting how high your saddle rides, some folks like it gun slinger height, some folks like it Steve Urkel height and others somewhere in between. The height changes pressure point areas. Also try playing with tether height on the tree which will also affect whether you’re a sitter or leaner which again will be different pressure points.
Haunt the n00b section, lots of good info in there. This is a very welcoming forum so don’t be afraid to ask questions, just try and search first to make sure it hasn’t already been asked.

Back