• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Elk season; 1 month out!!

Dang. That's a b-otch for a resident! Sorry man.

I'm to cheap/poor but I'd love to come over that way and elk hunt someday! Delicious!

Good luck out there this year! I miss hunting elk in CO. Since moving out of state, it's super difficult for me to justify the cost for an out of state tag now. Any thoughts as to what part if the state you'll hunt?

Go while you can. You only get so many Septembers.

Colorado mid September. Combo of public and private. Bears are pretty thick in this area as well so will have that tag in my pocket too.

I’ve got about 10lbs of elk left from the bull I shot in 21.

My daughter squeaks a pretty good cow call these days. Problem is she’s dead weight.

Her mom says I can go, but it really feels like a trap.

It’s a trap right?

Figure out what she is wanting most…that’s what it’s going to cost you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve got about 10lbs of elk left from the bull I shot in 21.

My daughter squeaks a pretty good cow call these days. Problem is she’s dead weight.

Her mom says I can go, but it really feels like a trap.

It’s a trap right?

Maybe not. I went when my daughter was ~ 2 months old in 2016. That was the last time I went, it was even my last out of state hunt until last year.

We had two more kids in fairly quick succession and it just got too hard to leave for that long. Firstborn though it was pretty smooth, I wasn't a lot of help at that point, and her parents always help us out a ton.

All personal circumstances though, you're closer too. I'm not going out there for less than 2 weeks, it's too much travel commitment and expense otherwise.

Other thing is for me to make that happen it would more or less be "my time" for the entire year. Then the problem is I enjoy doing some other hunting and non-hunting stuff the other 50 weeks of the year too much to make that sacrifice.

I'm looking at going again in another year or two hopefully, max by 2026. Family is getting into a place I think I'll be able to do that but now I need to get my business in a place where I can handle that.

We leave for CO literally 5 weeks from today ( actually should be hitting St Louis right about now). My first elk trip , ML for 7 days plus pack in & out. Can’t wait!
Love this guy.....this is why i lobby for ultra light gear. I filled 2 bear tags setting up in my saddle over creek crossings in the middle of the day when resting on elk hunts.would have never taken à 10 pound saddle setup on a long distance elk hunt.no ring of steps just stood on branches with a 2 lb.setup.it flys

Back