• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Evo adjustments

Steve

OK my Evo arrived today, now I need some tips and tricks on getting it dialed in for comfort. I spent 2.5 hours in the tree playing around with it, and some ameristeps I'm not sure if I like the boat strap with the Ameristeps.

The key is get the pressure evenly distributed on the legs, butt and back. Boudreaux tells you how to do it. It looks like the kestrel will be easier to dial in and lighter.

Im still trying to work out a little bit of crotch grab its not to bad but gets abit uncomfortable. Let me know if you solve that one. Other then that the Boudreaux videos have helped alot but still find myself adjusting straps just about everytime I do a test climb.

Im still trying to work out a little bit of crotch grab its not to bad but gets abit uncomfortable. Let me know if you solve that one. Other then that the Boudreaux videos have helped alot but still find myself adjusting straps just about everytime I do a test climb.
That's my main issue also

binding in the crotch you're either wearing the saddle too high or you need to loosen your leg stirrup straps

Here is my suggestion, to do AT GROUND LEVEL
Loosen waist clinch buckle all the way
Loose the butt strap adjuster buckle all the way
Loosen bridge adjust strap out a long ways
Loosen leg straps out all the way
Loosen swing strap all the way

Attach sling cinch buckle ONLY at this point. (low on your hips)
Step on platform and attach to bridge.

This will be VERY uncomfortable.
Adjust ONLY the swing strap, shortening, until you feel the right about of pressure on your butt also moving the lower section until it feels in the right position under your butt.

Once you have this, then attach the waist cinch buckle (big waist buckle) in the area that you would like (typically on your hips).

Shorten butt strap adjusters till tight.

Begin to shorten the bridge strap adjust buckles until you reach the desire pressure on you belt.

Finally, shorten the leg straps. I do not like the tight, just dangling a little bit.

You should be set, don't be afraid to tinker with your set up. Keep in mind bridge length as well as tree strap height will have and effect on comfort as well.

Thanks,
Boswell

Here is my suggestion, to do AT GROUND LEVEL
Loosen waist clinch buckle all the way
Loose the butt strap adjuster buckle all the way
Loosen bridge adjust strap out a long ways
Loosen leg straps out all the way
Loosen swing strap all the way

Attach sling cinch buckle ONLY at this point. (low on your hips)
Step on platform and attach to bridge.

This will be VERY uncomfortable.
Adjust ONLY the swing strap, shortening, until you feel the right about of pressure on your butt also moving the lower section until it feels in the right position under your butt.

Once you have this, then attach the waist cinch buckle (big waist buckle) in the area that you would like (typically on your hips).

Shorten butt strap adjusters till tight.

Begin to shorten the bridge strap adjust buckles until you reach the desire pressure on you belt.

Finally, shorten the leg straps. I do not like the tight, just dangling a little bit.

You should be set, don't be afraid to tinker with your set up. Keep in mind bridge length as well as tree strap height will have and effect on comfort as well.

Thanks,
Boswell
Thanks that's perfect info
What do you recommend for bridge length and strap height, and what are the pros and cons of of a long vs short bridge?

It all depends on the person. I like a long bridge ~39 knot to knot.
Longer bridge = less hip pinch/pressure
Shorter bridge = more hip pinch/pressure
Everyone feels the pinch/pressure different. I like a longer bridge just to get the carabiner at or above my head

To me tree strap height is again personal.
TYPICALLY guys who use lower tree straps, use platforms and are less likely to "walk" around the tree
Longer tree straps typically use steps and will walk around the tree.

This is because longer bridge allows you to walk around the tree easier. As you walk around the tree your tree strap will shorten as it wraps around the tree.

Again these are my thoughts,

Thanks,
Boswell

What buckle/straps are you using?

OK my Evo arrived today, now I need some tips and tricks on getting it dialed in for comfort. I spent 2.5 hours in the tree playing around witih it, and some ameristeps I'm not sure if I like the boat strap with the Ameristeps.

Make sure you have the seat low enough on your butt and it will not grab you so bad. More like a swing. Then raise the back strap a bit.
I like the leg straps two thirds the way down my quads.

It all depends on the person. I like a long bridge ~39 knot to knot.
Longer bridge = less hip pinch/pressure
Shorter bridge = more hip pinch/pressure
Everyone feels the pinch/pressure different. I like a longer bridge just to get the carabiner at or above my head

To me tree strap height is again personal.
TYPICALLY guys who use lower tree straps, use platforms and are less likely to "walk" around the tree
Longer tree straps typically use steps and will walk around the tree.

This is because longer bridge allows you to walk around the tree easier. As you walk around the tree your tree strap will shorten as it wraps around the tree.

Again these are my thoughts,

Thanks,
Boswell
Perfect this is great info

Replies have been helpful for me as well thanks everyone. I will have another test run this weeekend to see how these changes wirk out.

Make sure you have the seat low enough on your butt and it will not grab you so bad. More like a swing. Then raise the back strap a bit.
I like the leg straps two thirds the way down my quads.

Do most people use a back strap? I actually dont have one. I see new tribe sells one will order it unless theres a more popular/comfortable option.

Do most people use a back strap? I actually dont have one. I see new tribe sells one will order it unless theres a more popular/comfortable option.

I use one if I am sitting for the day. It adds a bit of comfort for me. If you are resting your eyes prior to shoot time it is nice but not necessary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back