• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

EZ Kut Drill

huck72412

Vendor Rep
SH Member
I'm late to the party here but figured I'd share anyway. @IkemanTX introduced me to this drill at Saddlepalooza and I couldn't be satisfied without one. Finally got it in the mail yesterday and played around with it this morning. The simplicity is awesome and I can't wait to prep a few trees and give the bolts a shot. If you live in a state that doesn't restrict the utter destruction and unmerciful slaughtering of a tree by piercing the bark, i would definitely grab a drill.

Last edited:
Haha, I haven’t lost a tree yet using them!

It looks like at least half of my hunting this year will be run and gun, or on a property I can’t use them on :-(

I’m going to have to get real good at using the Knaider/swaider with my hawk helium’s.
And I’m going to miss being able to only carry a pocket of bolts into the woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 inches in the tree and three sticking out doesn’t seem like much for hand and foot holds, anyone try going 7 or 8 inch lengths?

Is there something special about their drill bit or could you get a regular $3 auger drill bit?

Is there something special about their drill bit or could you get a regular $3 auger drill bit?

You could. But it won't be the right length to drill the hole just the right depth every time. And this one is in a hand drill that you can't get for $3 at a local hardware store.

Hand drill seems a bit time consuming

Why not the cordless drill with the bit instead?

You can do that too. That's how I preset. But if you go out to a tree that is drilled and the holes are frozen over the hand drill will make quick work of cleaning them out. Additionally, if you hunt a new area with no pre sets, you can get into the tree quietly and not ruin your hunt with cordless noise.

I'm late to the party here but figured I'd share anyway. @IkemanTX introduced me to this drill at Saddlepalooza and I couldn't be satisfied without one. Finally got it in the mail yesterday and played around with it this morning. The simplicity is awesome and I can't wait to prep a few trees and give the bolts a shot. If you live in a state that doesn't restrict the utter destruction and unmerciful slaughtering of a tree by piercing the bark, i would definitely grab a drill.

Haha - Huck - man Ike sold me on this climbing a tree right next to my tent. I grabbed one on sale shortly after and bought 100 bolts LOL. and finally just did the mods to quiet it down but it’s a sweet little set up. Now just waiting on kiwis

@ImThere @kelly.jayp

As the old adage goes......
" haters are simply gonna hate "

ed9a7ff7fa7730069796e43a27867955.jpg

Back