• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First sit in a saddle

Jed33

Produced my best buck ever
c732b86b0606fbd7576351c8dbb18bac.jpg

424abc0e1ba70c4f6a2f7512b24c975f.jpg

d9e33ca9681c293be6b968efb5a222f4.jpg
438212b968e1123151d24f728a86c08c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great first saddle buck!! Don’t leave us hanging without a story!

Great first saddle buck!! Don’t leave us hanging without a story!

Used a sit drag set up with XOP seat as a platform and hawk helium sticks. He was looking for does in a 3-4year old clear cut. Bleated a couple times and hit the grunt. He Closed the distance from over 100 yards out. I lost sight of him and he snuck in behind me at 10 yards. Not only did the new set up allow me to quickly “swing” into position, I was able to move undetected because I had plenty of cover. If I had my climber set up in the only tree suitable, I’m positive he would have skylined me. Hit him quartering away and heard him crash in the creek. Happened so fast I still can’t believe it.

Thanks guys for all your hard work on this site. I wouldn’t have been using this set up and possibly not gotten this fine opportunity to harvest a great animal.

Back