• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First Tethrd Deer - First Pistol Deer!

jryser

I got my first pistol deer tonight out of my Mantis! I was very glad to be in the saddle because the deer came in DOWNwind. I was able to slip around undetected and put a 38 yard shot through the heart with my Desert Eagle!!

a7485296a6b04fde30d2d0163d6020c9.jpg

b05266b25cd2f4684cc3d4fb6099f671.jpg

Pretty pumped as I’ve wanted to do that with the DE for a LONG time! What a great night! I was solo so I couldn’t pose with my Tethrd gear but G2 and The Hunting Public will vouch for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is great work! I'm still trying to achieve the goal of that first pistol deer. Congrats. As a Baby Eagle .45 owner I gotta say I love the DE.

Good for you.

I remember my first pistol deer. LOL. I walked out the back foot of my friends house. (I was literally hunting his back yard. I had my Taurus 357) Anyway, I shot a 3 point and a doe walking back to the stand.

Then a few more like that.

I got my first pistol deer tonight out of my Mantis! I was very glad to be in the saddle because the deer came in DOWNwind. I was able to slip around undetected and put a 38 yard shot through the heart with my Desert Eagle!!

a7485296a6b04fde30d2d0163d6020c9.jpg

b05266b25cd2f4684cc3d4fb6099f671.jpg

Pretty pumped as I’ve wanted to do that with the DE for a LONG time! What a great night! I was solo so I couldn’t pose with my Tethrd gear but G2 and The Hunting Public will vouch for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you were hanging by the picts.

Congratulations on accomplishing a pistol kill. First deer with any weapons are always memorable. Pistols are definitely not as common as rifles, primitive weapons or archery. I can remember my pistol kills in Texas but have never accomplished the same in my home state of Louisiana. I hope the saddle will enable me to comfortably close that gap.

My FIL shot a doe with a blackpowder pistol a couple seasons ago. That was pretty cool. Congrats on the pistol deer!

Back