• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Forum Update

redsquirrel

Administrator
Staff member
SH Member
The forum was updated tonight. Please bear with me as I fix everything I broke. As of now the forum is working and tapatalk should be working as well.

Dang. I'd be writing the forum software publisher an angry letter! An update shouldn't trash the theme/customizations you made.
It was my fault. I waited too many versions to upgrade, it was a big one.

It was my fault. I waited too many versions to upgrade, it was a big one.

giphy.gif

Love the update, Red!

are you using a software to do all this, or are you manually punching in codes?

Love the update, Red!

are you using a software to do all this, or are you manually punching in codes?
Thanks!
The software is called Xenforo. I don't have to do much manual coding, usually I can just change things by adjusting settings. Sometimes if I want something very specific I have to tweak some code. I don't like when I have to do that because my coding days are far behind me lol.

Thanks for offering & maintaining a a way for this band of misfits to communicate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if you're still chasing gremlins, but I'm having a time with alerts and emails. It was all working fine prior to upgrade, now I get bombarded with emails for watched topics and only every now and then will the alert bell light up. I have unchecked the box to get email alerts but they still come.

Not sure if you're still chasing gremlins, but I'm having a time with alerts and emails. It was all working fine prior to upgrade, now I get bombarded with emails for watched topics and only every now and then will the alert bell light up. I have unchecked the box to get email alerts but they still come.

Same here.

Thanks, Red

Same here.

Thanks, Red
Thanks for letting me know. Definitely chasing gremlins and will be for a little while.
I'm assuming this is what you did but can you confirm? Under your account you go to preferences and under content options is where you have the email alerts turned off? If this is the case can you try turning it on, saving it and then back off? I have automatically watch and email alerts off and I'm not getting anything.

Thanks for letting me know. Definitely chasing gremlins and will be for a little while.
I'm assuming this is what you did but can you confirm? Under your account you go to preferences and under content options is where you have the email alerts turned off? If this is the case can you try turning it on, saving it and then back off? I have automatically watch and email alerts off and I'm not getting anything.
I have it turned on to watch content I create and content I interact with BUT I have the email box unchecked on both that reads "and receive email notifications". I rechecked and saved, then unchecked and saved.

I have it turned on to watch content I create and content I interact with BUT I have the email box unchecked on both that reads "and receive email notifications". I rechecked and saved, then unchecked and saved.
Ok. Let me know if anything changes otherwise I'll have to dig deeper.

I turned the email options back "on", "saved" , turned them "off" and "saved" again.

Still getting emails.

My preferences look like this:
1534366574562.png

Adding to your list of gremlins....clicking on "Home" or the SaddleHunter logo redirects to the http website instead of the https website. So my browser keeps warning of not secure after clicking either of those. Not a big concern, just thought I would point it out. Thanks @redsquirrel

Back