• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

gear bags to hang from saddle?

trukweaz

folks, other than the new tribe bag(s) what are you liking as a medium size bag to hang off your saddle? im thinking to hold screw in steps, your tree line, etc? thanks!

Dump pouches work well. Heavy duty milspec but not ultralight...about 5oz or so. I have one on my right for linesmans belt and one on my left for my tether.

I don't carry steps on mine because I don't always use the same method and I don't always use the same number of steps and I don't like wearing the weight of extra gear (you really want to have spare steps on hand).

I have a shoulder bag for my platform, steps and pruners that I wear while climbing. I then hang it on the tree with my pack until I am ready to climb down.

I also use a dump pouch. It just holds my tether and lineman's belt. I don't like to hang anything else off my saddle, but that way I always have everything related to the saddle I need so I can throw it on and go.

Mil spec dump pouches or the cheap ebay ones. I run them all. Cut out the noisy stuff, stealth strip, hit it with ozone, and call not good.

I've been meaning to pick up a large chalk bag/bucket for my platform and steps. They stay open better while climbing. Sometimes it hard to get my platform bag open with one hand in the dark.

Back