• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hall of fame

Tree-Demon

Think it would be cool to post a hall of fame for top 5 or 10 bucks every year. Members submit best photos but only the moderators of the site have the ability to post pics to the hall of fame. Not sure if 5 or 10 bucks are enough or too much but whatever can be agreed as a panty dropper in buck terms should get some special recognition. What do you guys think?

Hopefully we get other forums to try and compete and solidify the saddle hunter as the superior being. I would argue for bow only kills but thats just me.

I love this idea, but I think a saddle kill is a saddle kill and whatever weapon you choose is ok with me. Personally I hope to post mine with a 10mm

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Do Ernie and G2 and these other world travelers get to submit elk and mule deer pictures beside our minuscule little whitetails????

I love this idea, but I think a saddle kill is a saddle kill and whatever weapon you choose is ok with me. Personally I hope to post mine with a 10mm

Coming from the guy who shot his only buck out of a TREESTAND last year!!! Only bringing that up cause we were teammates!!! :p

Think it would be cool to post a hall of fame for top 5 or 10 bucks every year. Members submit best photos but only the moderators of the site have the ability to post pics to the hall of fame. Not sure if 5 or 10 bucks are enough or too much but whatever can be agreed as a panty dropper in buck terms should get some special recognition. What do you guys think?
@redsquirrel how difficult would this be to pull off? Maybe we could vote every year on the top 5 saddle bucks?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I like the idea, it is similar to the post your saddle kills thread I start every year.

Technically it is easy to do. We would have to figure out how to judge top bucks though. Maybe vote like you said g2. I have never had a buck officially scored and I wouldn't want that to be a requirement. Great bucks in my area are around 100 inches and giants are pope and young size.

I'm going to think a little more about this. Maybe submit to a panel of voters? Submit the story and your area and we take all of that into consideration.

Hunting beast forum does something simular. People submit stories and pics and those with a certain level of post counts get to vote. Members donate some prizes that go to the winners. Winners are chosen not just on deer score but the story as well.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Coming from the guy who shot his only buck out of a TREESTAND last year!!! Only bringing that up cause we were teammates!!! :p
Hahaha. It was so ridiculous. A hard year with a lot of time in the woods. Some of it below zero, and the one and only day i sit in a traditional stand ends up being the day I see antlers.

I seriously thought about playing it off and saying I was in a saddle but I couldn't bring myself to do it.

Hopefully I can contribute more this year.

I too like this idea and hopefully I will finally get the bruiser i spent all last year playing "I see you but can't get the shot on"

We don't have huge bucks in Southern Ontario. They exist but are not common. Lots of pressure. Despite that keep the contest simple It's all for fun anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the idea, it is similar to the post your saddle kills thread I start every year.

Technically it is easy to do. We would have to figure out how to judge top bucks though. Maybe vote like you said g2. I have never had a buck officially scored and I wouldn't want that to be a requirement. Great bucks in my area are around 100 inches and giants are pope and young size.

I'm going to think a little more about this. Maybe submit to a panel of voters? Submit the story and your area and we take all of that into consideration.
I think most of the time the story is better than the picture.

I definitely don't think it's all about size. I remember a post from last season (don't remember who, sorry!) that helped his son get his first buck. The story was awesome and I would have voted for that buck.

Back