• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

HANGIN OUT in INDIANA

REID2168

Hello everyone........just wanted to start a thread about my new adventures I'm getting ready to start with my hanging style stand............got the Guidos so I would have a backpack for my caller as I'm a predator hunter......I figure with the Guidos the only thing I will leave on the ground is my dog & my Shockwave........im not going sky high and these will be 30 to 45 minute stands but with this new gear and weight reduction over a Summit climber ill have more time for stands and obviously less fatigue..........hope to share some good times, my dog & some fur..........thx for checkin in...........GOOD LUCK to EVERYONE!!!!!!!:sunglasses:

Steve

Attachments

• 2016 dog 12.JPG
    2016 dog 12.JPG
    248.6 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0007[1].jpg
    IMG_0007[1].jpg
    518 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
wouldnt be a REAL thread without FIRE STICKS & STICK SLINGERS!!!!!!!!:sunglasses:

Attachments

• IMG_0495.JPG
    IMG_0495.JPG
    390 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_0502.JPG
    IMG_0502.JPG
    274.9 KB · Views: 110
This is pretty cool and I'm really excited to follow along. Forgive me for being ignorant, but how do you use your dog for predator hunting?

shes a decoy dog when u howl and things of that nature or maybe a pup distress they see my dog ILO me and at times she can help them stay a couple seconds longer for the BANG BANG...........sometimes they get scared and run BUT IMO they stay more often then run regardless of what some people say & shes my #1 buddy & my only hunting partner either way..............she hunts pheasants with the best of them as well.........ill have pics this season I'm sure..........few pics from last season!!!!!!!!:sunglasses:

p.s. I think I should have posted this thread in the other hunting section....maybe somebody can move it if possible...........thx in advance!!!!!:grinning:

Attachments

• 12116 1 ph.JPG
    12116 1 ph.JPG
    714.3 KB · Views: 106
  • 12216 ph3.JPG
    12216 ph3.JPG
    762.1 KB · Views: 102
  • 12216 ph1.JPG
    12216 ph1.JPG
    740.2 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
last season and her first ever real season I put her on pheasants she put 63 birds in the air in 10 days..........I shot 12 roosters only not knowing you could take hens and this was after the regular hunters had two weeks of hunting before we started even pheasant hunting...........not bad for a coyote decoy dog.........hahahahaha.......BET!!!!!!!!!!:sunglasses:

p.s. thx for moving my thread to the section where I should have started it...........hahahahahahaa:grinning:

basically the dog tries to chase and more often then not return on her own to me when she sees and starts out after a coyote........... if I think she goes to far or out of site where i cant hear her I whistle/lip squeak her back and most times when shes went to chase a coyote they will trail her back chasing her as well......its lots of fun and the dog spots yotes at times u never would have seen.

no further then I intend to go for now which isn't far this method & I know hes only demoing for a vid but I'm only going a few feet more then where he is in the vid for visability first then speed & ease as I don't need serious height for what I intend to do...........i also felt it was the lightest packable piece I could find for now as I don't carry anything in my hands except fingers or guns when I walk..........I seen this inside the Guidos which obviously doubles as my pack for my FoxPro Shockwave and this climb device..........I pondered the Kestrel BUT I need the pack and cant see wearing a pack to lay on the ground for more human scent on the ground so I went Guidos then when I'm set up the only thing on the ground is my Shockwave and my dog........... I seen the device u have go from the green rope to the strap with camo yesterday........I wasn't sure if those were for climbing or just to stand once u had made it up the tree so I pulled the trigger on this for immediacy.

http://www.lonewolfhuntingproducts.com/shop/Products/Hand-Climber-Seat-Kit__HCSSO.aspx

I usually never hunt deer but always get the deer bundle license package and make sure the RKT is ON just in case...........checked my release tonight and its DONE for whatever reason it was a FUSE............looking at the Scott/Shark & the True Fire/Edge.............anyone know which they prefer and maybe why..thx in advance!!!!!!:sunglasses:

got some CHRISTMAS in the mail today.......also got the longer belt to carry as backup & larger tree climbs...ill need to figure out my foot holds to complete the unit for use...BINGO DINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sunglasses:

Attachments

• IMG_0001[2].jpg
    IMG_0001[2].jpg
    324.5 KB · Views: 59
took me about 5 minutes to figure it out BUT I got it........once i add a wooden pinch block to each side of the Lone Wolf base so i can attach the Summit foot holds to those its GOLD........I intend to make some small wood blocks use Ultrablack to attach them to the base then thru bolt the Summit foot holds to the wooden block..i I could fire up the welder and weld aluminum blocks to it easily BUT i want to make sure it works and I dont think it will be load bearing enough to need anything further really as it only supports the weight of the base while u climb obviously.................i placed them in this spot for more foot on the base itself as u climb and so the base still still FOLDS UP for the GUIDOS..................BINGO DINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sunglasses:

Attachments

• IMG_0001[2].jpg
    IMG_0001[2].jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0002[1].jpg
    IMG_0002[1].jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
just like a DREAM....................the Ultra Black handlded the entire job and once set up will hold fine........I mean look at my FAVORITE & only boots and what it did for the gortex I tore up pheasant hunting last year:grinning:..........in fact they don't make these boots any longer and I got LUCKY and found a used like new pair in my size for backup & they should arrive any day............the base though is gonna ROCK SOCKS with the Summit foot holds added...........BANG BANG!!!!!!:sunglasses:

Attachments

• base1.jpg
    base1.jpg
    415.5 KB · Views: 70
  • base2.jpg
    base2.jpg
    444.3 KB · Views: 76
  • base3.jpg
    base3.jpg
    452.3 KB · Views: 68
soon as I dust it up with some tree bark grey paint its gonna be.............GAME ON!!!!!!!!!!!:sunglasses:

Attachments

• base4.jpg
    base4.jpg
    436 KB · Views: 40
  • base5.jpg
    base5.jpg
    443 KB · Views: 42
  • base6.jpg
    base6.jpg
    418.5 KB · Views: 40
Im callin BS on the tree bark grey paint job:hearteyes:............hahahahahahaha:grinning:.....im a FIT & FUNCTION guy aesthetics last for me........im also a HAPPY CAMPER after this lil job is knocked out and I can see it working....BINESS!!!!!!!!:sunglasses:

Attachments

• base7.jpg
    base7.jpg
    428.2 KB · Views: 37
  • base10.jpg
    base10.jpg
    480.4 KB · Views: 39
  • base9.jpg
    base9.jpg
    464.9 KB · Views: 39
  • base8.jpg
    base8.jpg
    403.9 KB · Views: 36
Nice setup man. I had never thought of using a saddle for predator hunting, but it makes perfect sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thx friend........if u cant see them u cant killem and here in the Indiana woods I have available u need all the help u can get to see.........I think this is gonna change my game..........first day I had a Viper first stand I ever made I called two BUT packing metal is still packing metal:disrelieved:....hopefully this helps greatly with visibility & will as well increases my available hunting areas to say the least...........GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!:sunglasses:

Last edited:
some more pics from last season of my baby girl & her game.............shot the fox 40 yards running in the night with the 223......walkin out I spotted him with the headlamp looked straight up in the air shut it down turned on the gun light and as soon as i hit him with the gun light he bolted I followed and he got about 5 yards before I LIT HIM UP.....BINGO DINGO!!!!!!!!!:sunglasses:

Attachments

• 2016 dog 1.JPG
    2016 dog 1.JPG
    329.8 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0983.JPG
    IMG_0983.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 39
  • dog coyote 201516.JPG
    dog coyote 201516.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 41
  • 12216 ph2.JPG
    12216 ph2.JPG
    641.1 KB · Views: 40
  • 113016 14.JPG
    113016 14.JPG
    698 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
my modified Remington 223 shoots LIGHTS OUT.............100 yard cold bore three shot group........one thing I do still need to do desperately is pattern my Benelli with some different Coyote loads......shoots great at birds with the standard Crio chokes & Remington 6 shot but I have never checked with the Coyote choke tube and different loads & something I really would like to do!!!!!!!!:sunglasses:

Attachments

• 10470724_1003949299685210_4505645096598175895_n.jpg
    10470724_1003949299685210_4505645096598175895_n.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I think you're really on to something here with the saddle for this. Good stuff!

thx for the words of encouragement friend..........im not reinventing the wheel BUT I do intend to RACE it a bit different!!!!!!!!:sunglasses:

Back