• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

How do you pull your bow up?

cozy23

Do you have a haul line that's attached to you as you climb? Or do you use a grappling hook of some sort?

I'm thinking about trying a hook so I can pull my pack up then my weapon.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Doyles Hoist, strap version. You won't ever look back.

Thanks,
Boswell

I have been using 30' of paracord with a 12/0 octopus hook on one end. Most days I hoist with it. But that hook is awesome for grabbing dropped gear and I have hooked my backpack and bow after getting set in certain trees.

I have the Third Hand Archery Bow Rope.
Sometimes I am wearing my pack, sometimes I pull the pack and bow up at the same time.
I use the same rope to lower my gear and then I attach the top to my tether if I am doing a Rappel descent and use t to retrieve my tether.

Pack on my back, Doyles Hunting Hoist clipped on my SitDrag so just clip on my bow and whatever extra clothes I have and climb.

I've got the auto retracting rope from menards for $15 and put the rubber twisty tie on it. I just clip it to my harness when I climb. It's a game changer, it never gets bird's nested like my previous bow ropes.

I climb with mine on my back in a Primos bow sling

I clip my bow to the belt of my saddle where I have a biner by the wrist loop of the bow. Then backpack is tied to my climbing rope.

I use a bow sling and carry it on my back as I climb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've got the auto retracting rope from menards for $15 and put the rubber twisty tie on it. I just clip it to my harness when I climb. It's a game changer, it never gets bird's nested like my previous bow ropes.
Can you post more info on the auto retracting rope?

Last edited:
I have found that my auto retract reels spring is noisy when I am pulling up my bow.

Back