• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Hss Hanger

bowhunterchuck

Santa came early. I connected my sit drag to the linemans loop with a couple caribeaners. This set up is a little heavy but I finally feel safe enough to hunt at 35 feet up. I found the Hanger on eBay for $50. Don't have the link...sorry. Hunters safety system hanger. The proceeds go to a charity.
220781a514c850f56b0feed91a932699.jpg

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Did you get it to keep from falling out of the saddle , or do you plan to connect it to the tree as a backup ?

I use a RC harness with my sit drag and it works good. I know a guy who was using the sit drag by itself and hunting out of trees. I quickly talked him out of doing that without some form of harness attached.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I mostly got it to keep the sit drag from falling every time I released the weight from the tree strap. I could connect it as a back up but probably won't. This will be my set up during the off season and for when my son in law uses my new tribe evo.

Falling out of the sit drag was one of my primary concerns, and a big reason why I made several ultra light slings with belts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a RC harness with my sit drag and it works good. I know a guy who was using the sit drag by itself and hunting out of trees. I quickly talked him out of doing that without some form of harness attached.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I have hunted from my SD all year with no backup. Never felt unsafe doing so. I check everything before every hunt and no sign of wear anywhere. Using a RC harness is a good idea, I just never felt the need for it myself. I have also tried falling out of it on purpose on the ground and it's actually way harder than you think it would be.

I have hunted from my SD all year with no backup. Never felt unsafe doing so. I check everything before every hunt and no sign of wear anywhere. Using a RC harness is a good idea, I just never felt the need for it myself. I have also tried falling out of it on purpose on the ground and it's actually way harder than you think it would be.

Many have driven with no seat belt for years and never felt unsafe. Your a valuable poster on this site and in great shape to boot. I dont think a half a pound of insurance would slow ya down.:sunglasses:

Personally I use a RC harness that gets attached to the tree by my lineman belt which is 7/16 bluewater assault. I see guys wearing a harness and connecting it to the sit-drag loops or the bridge. Guys that's still leaving you with only 1 connection to the tree. If your tether or bridge fail, its a long ways down. I also connect the end of my tether to my harness, so if the bridge fails Im only dropping half a foot or so, not till my lineman catches. My lineman is run around the tree just like my tether, so technically Id fall a few ft before it caught me. I could tie a larger loop and flip it around so I can pic up slack with the ropeman, will do that when I get new ropes.

I love your posts flinginairos but this one is lacking wisdom IMO. Be safe

Thanks for the honesty guys I do appreciate it! Truth is I don't care for the RC harness I have and need a new one. If I find one that is easier to put on with heavy clothes I will pick one up for next year!

I was in my Hss hanger and sit drag at 30 feet up and decided to try a safety strap and attach myself to the strap on the back of my harness. Now I had 2 connections for safety and nothing seemed to get in my way. Maybe the extra weight,1.5 pounds?, would be worth the extra insurance.......

Hope these pics help. I will be taking off the stock sit drag strap and will be using the tree strap that came with the harness

Sooo, there is an obvious price difference but how does it compare to your evo? I only ask because sizewise, if I were to wear that into the woods I'd rather take an evo if I had one :D

Evo is much more comfortable! Money well spent. This is going to be used setting up trees in the off season and for me to use when a guest or family member uses my evo. Would never forgive myself if something went wrong and someone got hurt using this while I was sitting in the safest most comfortable saddle available. This setup is very comfortable and I think it is safe....but ????? I will use this durring the hot early season also....definitely is cooler.

Sounds like some of you guys wear your evo walking in ? So when its early season does it sweat you up ??
Or is it kind of warm just in general while hunting ???

Back