• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Kill 1, 2, and 3 from the saddle.

Whispers Death

No 1, October 21st
Bowhunt_2016_06.jpg

Deer 2 2016.jpg
Deer 3 2016.jpg

Last edited:
Yes....it's a Henry 45-70. Seems to shoot real well. I put a Skinner express peep and a tall front blade. Then I filed the front down until it was dead on at 50 yards. I shot this buck at 110 yards right through the heart about 4" below where I aimed. He went 20 yards. The doe head was kept for proof of sex to transport meat home. It was so warm, I had to immediately skin and quarter that doe for the cooler.....sorry for the creepiness.

Oh and congrats on the boom! boom! boom! What saddle are you using and what knee pads are those?

Yes....it's a Henry 45-70. Seems to shoot real well. I put a Skinner express peep and a tall front blade. Then I filed the front down until it was dead on at 50 yards. I shot this buck at 110 yards right through the heart about 4" below where I aimed. He went 20 yards. The doe head was kept for proof of sex to transport meat home. It was so warm, I had to immediately skin and quarter that doe for the cooler.....sorry for the creepiness.
what round were you using and did it shoot well out of the box?

My harness is an upgraded walkabout. The Henry shot well. My old eyes just could not focus on the rear buck horn sight so I put a peep on it. 4 inch group at a hundred with open sights. I hand load 300 grain jacketed hollow points at 1900 FPS. It will get your attention....about like a 3 inch 12 gauge mag turkey load. I think I got the knee pads at home depot. I have 3 sets and these are the only ones that stay centered on the front of my knee.

Back