• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Kong Duck vs Ropeman 1

noxninja

What are the advantages one over the other? I read somewhere that the Kong Duck will hold down to 8mm line?

What are the advantages one over the other? I read somewhere that the Kong Duck will hold down to 8mm line?

Duck is rated to 8mm, ropeman1 to 10mm. Ropeman1 design is quieter because the rope pinches the carabiner. The duck is about 10 bucks more but easier to find.

Duck is rated to 8mm, ropeman1 to 10mm. Ropeman1 design is quieter because the rope pinches the carabiner. The duck is about 10 bucks more but easier to find.

I thought the Duck was running about $70 vs the Ropeman for about $35... is the Duck one handed operation? I thought I read someone say that it wasn't really one hand operation for practical purposes in saddle hunting

I thought the Duck was running about $70 vs the Ropeman for about $35... is the Duck one handed operation? I thought I read someone say that it wasn't really one hand operation for practical purposes in saddle hunting
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003EM1104/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I paid $55 for my ducks, I guess the price has gone up a bit.

I only use the duck on the tether. It works fine and is one handed operation. The only reason the duck isn't great for a lineman's belt is because the carabiner goes through a full metal hole in the duck and can rattle around. On the ropeman it goes through the hole but inside it is pinched against the rope to quiet it down.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003EM1104/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I paid $55 for my ducks, I guess the price has gone up a bit.

I only use the duck on the tether. It works fine and is one handed operation. The only reason the duck isn't great for a lineman's belt is because the carabiner goes through a full metal hole in the duck and can rattle around. On the ropeman it goes through the hole but inside it is pinched against the rope to quiet it down.
The quiet factor is the main reason why I use my rope man instead of my duck

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

The quiet factor is the main reason why I use my rope man instead of my duck

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Yea. That's why I use the duck on the tether and ropeman on the lineman's. The tether is much easier to keep quiet.

I don't own a duck but I anticipated that the duck would be more noisy which is why I went with the ropeman however it would be nice if the ropeman was rated for the ropes the duck could handle.

Yea. That's why I use the duck on the tether and ropeman on the lineman's. The tether is much easier to keep quiet.

Makes sense. The tether being longer means it can contribute more weight. So saving there is a lot more than if you did it with the bridge or LB anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't own a duck but I anticipated that the duck would be more noisy which is why I went with the ropeman however it would be nice if the ropeman was rated for the ropes the duck could handle.
They are.

Back