• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Latitude Rebel Platform Initial Thoughts

okccj

Hi guys,

My Rebel platform just arrived and I threw together a quick unboxing and initial thoughts video (Note, production quality of the video can't get much worse).
Let me know if you have any questions about the platform.

Hi guys,

My Rebel platform just arrived and I threw together a quick unboxing and initial thoughts video (Note, production quality of the video can't get much worse).
Let me know if you have any questions about the platform.

Nice.

Maybe you could post up some pics of it flat to flat with the EDP or fill-in some of the measurements missing from Latitude's Rebel diagram? Like length of the front edge. Might help some of us get a better feel for it.

516C67ED-D193-40B1-BFCA-230B71C23739.png

Nice.

Maybe you could post up some pics of it flat to flat with the EDP or fill-in some of the measurements missing from Latitude's Rebel diagram? Like length of the front edge. Might help some of us get a better feel for it.

View attachment 68681

When you say, "length from the front edge" specifically what is it that you're looking for?

Sorry I didn’t watch the entire video.

The slickness is something I am really really worried bout myself. I even considered canceling numerous times because of that reason.

Did you have a chance to weigh it?

Sorry I didn’t watch the entire video.

The slickness is something I am really really worried bout myself. I even considered canceling numerous times because of that reason.

Did you have a chance to weigh it?

Haven't weighed it yet, but I will and follow up.

When you say, "length from the front edge" specifically what is it that you're looking for?

Length of the front edge. They show that the platform is 13.3" wide overall, but don't give a measurement for the front edge (where my feet might want to be much of the time)

The Rebel has by far a slimmer profile than the EDP. The EDP doesn't lay flat whereas the Rebel is very slim and clean. I imagine it can slide into most packs without much issue.

Attachments

• PXL_20220804_171055434.jpg
    PXL_20220804_171055434.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 250
  • PXL_20220804_171048954.jpg
    PXL_20220804_171048954.jpg
    345.4 KB · Views: 244
  • PXL_20220804_171105033.jpg
    PXL_20220804_171105033.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 244
  • PXL_20220804_171115094.jpg
    PXL_20220804_171115094.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 230
  • PXL_20220804_171115094 (1).jpg
    PXL_20220804_171115094 (1).jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
Got it. That part is 9.25" wide

Thank you. That's a big piece of the puzzle.

Looks like that's about the distance to the post then too.

Will be great to hear your thoughts once you get a chance to put it on a tree.

Alex was promoting sort of a duck footed stance on top of the platform. I think I would stand on top often, but it's nice to get the heels over the edge from time to time. 9 and a quarter, just a touch wider than Beast stick steps, idk. I'm going to mock it up to try.

Thank you. That's a big piece of the puzzle.

Looks like that's about the distance to the post then too.

Will be great to hear your thoughts once you get a chance to put it on a tree.

Alex was promoting sort of a duck footed stance on top of the platform. I think I would stand on top often, but it's nice to get the heels over the edge from time to time. 9 and a quarter, just a touch wider than Beast stick steps, idk. I'm going to mock it up to try.

On either side of the goofy handle on the EDP it's only 3 inches and that's where I had my feet most of the time. 9.25" will give me more front edge real estate compared to EDP since I didn't ever put my foot on the edge of the handle.

The Rebel has by far a slimmer profile than the EDP. The EDP doesn't lay flat where's as the Rebel is very slim and clean. I imagine it can slide into most packs without much issue.
wow thats a huge difference. pretty penny for that compactness tho...

On either side of the goofy handle on the EDP it's only 3 inches and that's where I had my feet most of the time. 9.25" will give me more front edge real estate compared to EDP since I didn't ever put my foot on the edge of the handle.

Yeah, but your stance is wider on an EDP. I'm not sure I like the comfort or instability of a narrower stance. That handle is one reason I didn't buy an EDP.

This front edge was my major hang up to buying a Rebel. I may end up with one yet, but I've got other stuff so I'm going to either wait on some more info or mock one up and test it.

Yeah, but your stance is wider on an EDP. I'm not sure I like the comfort or instability of a narrower stance. That handle is one reason I didn't buy an EDP.

This front edge was my major hang up to buying a Rebel. I may end up with one yet, but I've got other stuff so I'm going to either wait on some more info or mock one up and test it.

Smart man.
I'll toss it one a tree, hopefully tomorrow, and either video or at least report back.

Two months ago I thought to myself, "This year I really don't need to buy any new gear. I liked my setup from last year." That was about $1000 ago :p

That x-wing looks more like i need it every time i see it...

Gotcha. That does make sense. I'm still pretty tempted, I happen to work in a field were I could put cuts in, say like on OOAL platforms. Do you think that would suffice?

Back