• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Major Comfort Adjustments

2Shea

Vendor Rep
What was your first major comfort adjustment after your first initial sits?? What adjustment did you make that you realized ah ha! This saddle hunting stuff is pretty darn comfy... stuff for issues such as hip pinch, back pain, etc... I’ve been tinkering with saddle hunting a few years now and always bounce back and forth from it to treestands. This year I hope to be at least 80% saddle. My main question is for newer style guys like myself, what have you more experienced guys found to rly help the comfort issue. Thought maybe hearing some things would help the newer guys out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to agree with @benny a gregoire jr. Tether height is probably the biggest. Another big one is the length of your bridge. The longer the bridge the less hip squeeze or pinch. Then I would say the butt adjustment or micro adjustments under the saddle. Then knee comfort ie using a pad against the tree like @flinginairos does or wearing knee pads. Finally foot comfort ie the platform you use.

Those guys are right. #1 is tether height.

#2 is having a long enough bridge (24"-30" for most).

#3 is positioning the saddle correctly on your butt. Small adjustments make a big difference.

#4 is "saddle shape". It takes some time for your body to get used to the different angles and pressures.

That's my take on it.

Sent from my Galaxy S8.

So i started with a long bridge, then adjusted my tether height until it was where i wanted, based on my prefered leaning position. After i figured that out i pinched both sides of my bridge, slid my hand down towards my belt until i felt hip pinch. When i found that spot i backed off til i was comfortable again. Shortened my bridge to that length and extended my tether. Boom i was sitn pretty in my frankendrag. You see in pic i have prussik on my bridge to fine tune it.
782508d56b5ea05f7dfd400838e1fecd.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I believe you will get more comfortable by your 4th or 5th sit without changing a thing. You will get closer to being in “Saddle shape”. Yes it’s 100% real.
Make sure you saddle is spread out to its widest width. Having it wrinkled or folded under you is very uncomfortable
Tether height and bridge length should get you the most comfortable after that.

Best way to get in saddle shape is sell the stands so you don’t have a choice..... LMAO

I sold my summit and lone wolf to buy my new tribe aero hunter evolution.

Haven’t hunted in a stand since

Best way to get in saddle shape is sell the stands so you don’t have a choice..... LMAO

Fly or die. The only way to roll! Lol

Tether height is for sure the biggest thing. I think this year I’ll be running it even lower. I found with the lower hookup I can shoot to the right super easy by lifting the bow over the bridge. Another thing people overlook is clothing items under the saddle. A knife clipped to your pocket or a belt that’s thicker can cause pressure points.

Tether height for sure after that it was realizing I need to remove my belt from my pants before I settle in. The Kestrel rides low in the back and crosses on my hips so removing my belt eliminated the hot spot and made sitting so much better.

I usually hook up at my chin now days and I use a 18 inch bridge. Sorry I don't get hip pinch not even sure what the hell that is? Maybe I am just naturally tougher then some of you young croc wearing "studs" :)

I usually hook up at my chin now days and I use a 18 inch bridge. Sorry I don't get hip pinch not even sure what the hell that is? Maybe I am just naturally tougher then some of you young croc wearing "studs" :)

Dave, you are a leaner. I think hip pinch is for the guys that sit all the way down in it like a guidos web.

Your just a bad arse! I can show you hip punch if you ever are out this way! It’s easy to induce

Those dang crocs are the kryptinite for manhood lol!! No knee pads no crocs lol!!

Good tips so far guys! I’m definitely getting more comfortable in mine. Just thought newer guys might find some comfortable adjustments that would help keep them
In the saddle longer.

Back