• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

MANTIS...... WHATS UP TETHRDNATION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monday August 13th

Shipping update
Greetings Tethrd Nation! It's time for another shipping update.

We have been GUARANTEED by the manufacturer that our ZipCam Straps for the Predator platform will be delivered by Tuesday, August 14th. Assuming that happens, a whooooooooooole bunch of you will be receiving Predators this week. As mentioned in a previous update, everything is assembled, boxed, prepped, and stamped. We're only waiting on the straps.

The other sewn goods (Mantis saddles, SYS Haulers, Mantis Recliners, etc.) are in the final stages of production as we speak. We've been told we'll start receiving them this week, but I'm not quite ready to hang my hat on that just yet. I've had my heart broken one too many times in this process to get all googly-eyed about grabbing a handful of Mantis mesh and caressing that sweet supple ultra-light, yet ultra-strong webbing construction.

I know some of you are nervous about getting in "saddle shape" before the season. You're worried you won't have enough time to learn the system, and nail down your process. That's a valid concern. After all, that's why we launched in late May to take advantage of those boring summer days while there's no hunting to be done. However, let me assure you, getting in "saddle shape" isn't all that difficult. Although the term "shape" is used, it doesn't necessarily relate to fitness, but more specifically, it relates to getting used to the different geometry and positions of saddle hunting. After 30 minutes in the back yard at ground level tied to your tether, you'll be 70% there. The rest will come from a few target practice sessions, and a couple dry runs at setting up your platform and tether while figuring out where you're most comfortable. So don't be too nervous about having enough time to be prepared.

I'll make another update later this week and should be able to give you a real solid date for Mantis shipments.

Thanks for the support. Thanks for joining Tethrd Nation. Thanks for reading these long updates. Now get out there and check your trail cameras.
Ernie & Greg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Monday August 13th

Shipping update
Greetings Tethrd Nation! It's time for another shipping update.

We have been GUARANTEED by the manufacturer that our ZipCam Straps for the Predator platform will be delivered by Tuesday, August 14th. Assuming that happens, a whooooooooooole bunch of you will be receiving Predators this week. As mentioned in a previous update, everything is assembled, boxed, prepped, and stamped. We're only waiting on the straps.

The other sewn goods (Mantis saddles, SYS Haulers, Mantis Recliners, etc.) are in the final stages of production as we speak. We've been told we'll start receiving them this week, but I'm not quite ready to hang my hat on that just yet. I've had my heart broken one too many times in this process to get all googly-eyed about grabbing a handful of Mantis mesh and caressing that sweet supple ultra-light, yet ultra-strong webbing construction.

I know some of you are nervous about getting in "saddle shape" before the season. You're worried you won't have enough time to learn the system, and nail down your process. That's a valid concern. After all, that's why we launched in late May to take advantage of those boring summer days while there's no hunting to be done. However, let me assure you, getting in "saddle shape" isn't all that difficult. Although the term "shape" is used, it doesn't necessarily relate to fitness, but more specifically, it relates to getting used to the different geometry and positions of saddle hunting. After 30 minutes in the back yard at ground level tied to your tether, you'll be 70% there. The rest will come from a few target practice sessions, and a couple dry runs at setting up your platform and tether while figuring out where you're most comfortable. So don't be too nervous about having enough time to be prepared.

I'll make another update later this week and should be able to give you a real solid date for Mantis shipments.

Thanks for the support. Thanks for joining Tethrd Nation. Thanks for reading these long updates. Now get out there and check your trail cameras.
Ernie & Greg

Read second to last paragraph. Update later this week with a solid time frame. Well it is later this week so us guys that ordered as soon as they dropped are starting to get extra antsy. With all the predators going out it’s time to know about when our stuff will ship.

Read second to last paragraph. Update later this week with a solid time frame. Well it is later this week so us guys that ordered as soon as they dropped are starting to get extra antsy. With all the predators going out it’s time to know about when our stuff will ship.

I assumed because you said you hadn’t heard anything all week that you didn’t see this.

I take that I haven’t heard from them to mean that they didn’t get their shipment yet as he did say the delivery wasn’t absolute.

I’m waiting on a Mantis and accessories also.

Greg had said he was probably going to start receiving the mantis later this week from what I remember. I am as antsy as the rest. Try and understand that Tethrdnation is a new company. That being said a manufacturer is going to take care of its biggest and oldest customers first. That is the way it works. As a manufacturer I see it happen all the time. I do not agree with it but that is what happens. Greg & Ernie in the scheme of things have no control over the manufacturing.

They had their prototypes. Then a test run had to be done by the manufacturer. Probable changes to design may have been made. Then that has to be tested and approved by the manufacturer, the insurance liability Co and Ernie and GREG. Then they get a slot for production. This is the way it works. If there is a hiccup or a major customer of the manufacturer needs something you get pushed back.

Last edited:
Greg had said he was probably going to start receiving the mantis later this week from what I remember. I a as antsy as the rest. Try and understand that Tethrdnation is a new company. That being said a manufacturer is going to take of its biggest customers first. That is the way it works. As a manufacturer I see it happen all the time. I do not agree with it but that is what happens. Greg & Ernie in the scheme of things have no control over the manufacturing.

They had their prototypes. Then a test run has to be done by the manufacturer. Probable changes to design may be made. Then that has to be tested and approved by the manufacturer, the insurance liability Co and Ernie and GREG. Then they get a slot for production. This is the way it works. If there is a hiccup or a major customer of the manufacturer needs something you get pushed back.
Thats fine and I understand how that works BUT it doesnt cost anything or there is no manufacture delay on sending an update out and letting us know where things stand. Even if that is to tell us that it has been delayed by the manufacturer. We just want to be kept up to date is all. Especially since I have already paid for it!

Thats fine and I understand how that works BUT it doesnt cost anything or there is no manufacture delay on sending an update out and letting us know where things stand. Even if that is to tell us that it has been delayed by the manufacturer. We just want to be kept up to date is all. Especially since I have already paid for it!

100% agree!

Why update when there is nothing new to say? Maybe there are issues with suppliers that are close to resolution. I don't need an empty update, I am patient. I am very excited to get the best system for my style of hunting. I can wait. I am coordinated and can figure it out pretty quickly...in time for my season. Relax all will be well.

As we all have

Gonna have to agree. Guys have spent hundreds of dollars starting back in May and still have nothing to show. It's hard thinking about the money being gone and no gear yet. It's frustrating for sure. I know they said there will be an update later in the week so maybe today is later in the week?

Gonna have to agree. Guys have spent hundreds of dollars starting back in May and still have nothing to show. It's hard thinking about the money being gone and no gear yet. It's frustrating for sure. I know they said there will be an update later in the week so maybe today is later in the week?
Especially when myself like so many others wore the refresh button out on saddlehunter and Tethrd waiting on the green light to buy.

My brother and I have an entire system ordered ..fairly certain we are just going to call and cancel the orders on Monday. Kentucky opens up September 1st and it doesn’t look like I’ll have it by then.I really don’t want to mess around learning a new system during season..just not how I like to operate. I’ve tried to be patient but I’m over it at this point. I was really excited to try this style of hunting this season, actually ordered the first hour thier store was open.

What’s really frustrating is I ordered a kestrel back in the early spring and received it the exact day they announced tethrd was a thing so with the promise of of a mid July delivery I sold the kestrel and ameristeps to support the guys....enough Complaining from me gotta go get some stands hung in KY ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back