• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Michigan '24

Horn

SH Member
Well. I told y'all I would give this organization thing a go this year. So here we go.

First up, thanks again @MattMan81 for doing the work the last two three years.

@boyne bowhunter @movehuntir @Chandler96 @Boomah21 @DanO
@Andrew920 @kalcoone @Empostarr @Coachschaller @blt348 @SaddleUpPartner! @Skurbie @RagnarRGR @3mbcrs @Alaska at Heart @MIPublic @valerio024 @BCHunter @D.F.A @T.Clarke @Countymounty7623 @jhoward8821 @ztrumble @wabasis @Swampwalker @BarefootDave @FishHuntPBR @Slabzilla73 @Silvio
@Chrighton
@Crcusmonky
@shamus275
@Steve Plemmons
@Grayden Valdez
@BuckFever
@mball1684
@stevenfisher763
@AntlerAddict76
@WiscoDan
@Ditchdiver
@sureshotscott
@deertrout
@ricky racer
@Gumbymedic
@Badfishmi
@billywobbles
@Maca
@Sage
@cloudedleopard
@BarefootDave

I think ^^^ you are all in Michigan. I have I few more I need to double check spelling and such. Please add anyone I missed. I tried to get a few of our new members included.

Anyway, as far as a meet up. Last two years were at Sleepy Hollow State park in early May. Nothing set yet, let's talk it over. The past two I've been to have been pretty casual, just people meeting up with saddle hunting gear to hang out and try stuff. So if you're new to SH or are curious about certain aspects this is one of those meet ups we talk about. Come check it out!

Last edited:
You're giving me way too much credit for planning here. I have thought about this enough to make a post.

But yes, in the past we ended up in late April or early May due to time conflicts, like turkey hunting and generally busy warm weather schedules, right?

Do any of you have another time of year that would work better?

Better place than Sleepy Hollow? Seemed to work well but I due understand it's quite the drive for some of us.

Thank you guys that have mentioned your from Michigan. I added you to the list up top so hopefully we'll have a good list going for things like this

Just curious, and not offended either way: out-of-staters welcome, time permitting?
I heard from a Pennsylvanian living in Wisconsin (used to work in West Virginia) who said y’all Michiganders invented deer hunting :smilingimp:.
I’m trynna learn from an OG.

Just curious, and not offended either way: out-of-staters welcome, time permitting?
I heard from a Pennsylvanian living in Wisconsin (used to work in West Virginia) who said y’all Michiganders invented deer hunting :smilingimp:.
Yup, everyone is welcome.

I thought about tagging some out of stater-ers :tearsofjoy:

I think @Treehopper2 stopped in from Kentucky that first year? I think that was you.

Does anyone have any knowledge right or wrong to target shooting bows in a state park or hunting area.
I have thought it would be fun to do a target shoot from the saddle at one of these things. Mostly as an excuse to shoot your bow in the summer from the saddle.
I don't think you're supposed to climb on state land in the off season, but I've thought this would be fun too!

Along the lines of what @MattMan81 asked.

Is any one aware of a 3d course or something we could all shoot?

Camping has been floated as an idea before, I think it's a good one. I like a state park for camping, they're pretty nice usually and aren't rowdy or anything.

I also have thought fishing might be fun, since we are both blessed and cursed not to have hogs to hunt. But again, this guy hasn't done any research as to where we might meet up for this

* not trying to get too fancy. Just putting ideas out there

Well. I told y'all I would give this organization thing a go this year. So here we go.

First up, thanks again @MattMan81 for doing the work the last two three years.

@boyne bowhunter @movehuntir @Chandler96 @Boomah21 @DanO
@Andrew920 @kalcoone @Empostarr @Coachschaller @blt348 @SaddleUpPartner! @Skurbie @RagnarRGR @3mbcrs @Alaska at Heart @MIPublic @valerio024 @BCHunter @D.F.A @T.Clarke @Countymounty7623 @jhoward8821 @ztrumble @wabasis @Swampwalker @BarefootDave @FishHuntPBR @Slabzilla73 @Silvio
@Chrighton
@Crcusmonky
@shamus275
@Steve Plemmons
@Grayden Valdez
@BuckFever
@mball1684
@stevenfisher763
@AntlerAddict76
@WiscoDan
@Ditchdiver

I think ^^^ you are all in Michigan. I have I few more I need to double check spelling and such. Please add anyone I missed. I tried to get a few of our new members included.

Anyway, as far as a meet up. Last two years were at Sleepy Hollow State park in early May. Nothing set yet, let's talk it over. The past two I've been to have been pretty casual, just people meeting up with saddle hunting gear to hang out and try stuff. So if you're new to SH or are curious about certain aspects this is one of those meet ups we talk about. Come check it out!
I'm from Indiana...please include me in any planning for this.

Back