• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

My CNC Router

bowhunter15

Vendor Rep
Figured I'd post a pic of my new toy.
The max dimensions for cutting are 33"x17"x3". Spindle is 1.25HP and RPM range of 16000 to 27000. Cuts wood, aluminum, and other soft materials.

aa436beb411c19607704abb2bb0c0a22.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Awesome. So what's your first project? Can't wait to see some chips.

Awesome. So what's your first project? Can't wait to see some chips.
I'll start by cutting some light wood to make sure everything is working properly (I did the "hello world" program with a sharpie marker amd that worked) Then finishing passes on my XOP platform beam to remove the stepped surface from the square endmill. After that I might cut out the riser pieces for my next longbow. I had previously made some in a pay/hour workshop, but wasn't all that pleased with the quality I got the first time using the spindle sander. And I dropped one of the pieces in my garage. It broke, so I need to make a new one anyway. The router should perform the task perfectly.

Also, I'll probably search the Web for some Christmas ornament ideas since it's that time of year.

Pretty freaking awesome! Can't wait to see what you churn out with this thing!

Would you guys want a hollow cut-out or inlaid into a contrasting block of wood?

Would you guys want a hollow cut-out or inlaid into a contrasting block of wood?

I think a hollow-cut would look better on the tree, what do you think?

I think a hollow-cut would look better on the tree, what do you think?
Probably, and it's easier to make. The "SH" logo had some disconnects so I'd need to modify it slightly to keep everything in one piece.

I made one ornament and now a bunch of people in the family want one. Good thing is it only takes 4 minutes to cut.

e47918c08e71ff84df5376a316e0a0ac.jpg

I made one ornament and now a bunch of people in the family want one. Good thing is it only takes 4 minutes to cut.

e47918c08e71ff84df5376a316e0a0ac.jpg

Have you put any thought to making strap on steps for a platform out of 1" starboard material? You can buy it in black and the stuff is very dense. You could probably make something to rival the plastic ameristeps.

Have you put any thought to making strap on steps for a platform out of 1" starboard material? You can buy it in black and the stuff is very dense. You could probably make something to rival the plastic ameristeps.
Oh boy, here we go

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what the Ameristeps were made of but aluminum would have similar weight and 10X the yield strength of HDPE, which is what Starboard is comprised of according to Google.

I think they'd be easy enough to machine, except for the slot for the strap. Chip clearance would be challenging for that slot in aluminum.

I have some smaller steps that look similar to the ameristeps but slightly smaller and aluminum.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well what have you made lately, or is this one of those cool to have, but not many uses toys?

Back