• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

My new platform

Waymore

Ok don't get too excited. I just stole everybody's ideas. I did want to say that at least the initial brief test did pass. For now I am using a HSS lineman's strap to cam lock it. One nice is thing is it serves to lock it tight for transporting. I was able to lodge one of my old hockey sticks in the aluminum tubing from one end to a little past to where the platform bolt for support. I also have a thin piece of metal taped on to where the seat bolt rests( will do something more permanent later). I also finished my Sit n Drag to include a belt sewn with the speedy stitcher with loop for sticks and other accessories. I am using one of the loops for my bow rope which is tied to one of those heavy duty twist ties which keep everything neat and easy to access. A big thanks to everyone who paved the way for this. By the way I am 235lbs and the platform seemed very solid. The only issue I had was that in camming it over it was kind of squeaky.

Attachments

• platform.jpg
    platform.jpg
    622.5 KB · Views: 174
  • sit drag with rope.jpg
    sit drag with rope.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 156
I scrapped the hss strap and used a Xop tree strap which is quieter and easier to adjust. One issue I am having with both is the top tree bracket sometimes is not digging in. My platform is centered so will moving it up help or should I add a versa button and strap near the top?

I put mine 4" from the top on a 12" post, you still need to have it cam over super tight for it not to move. I'm 220 and can make it work.

Can some one give a detailed list of all the items you used to make your platform and where you got them from. Please and thank you.

Sean Seekins

Back